1. 1. The Movie Remake You'd Want to See Most

• Casablanca
    • The Great Escape
    • The Guns of Navarone
    • The Dirty Dozen
    • Chinatown
    • The Bridge Over the River Kwai
    • Other

Hmmm very good question...but I don't think any of those would be on the top of my list, I'm still a young soul and don't recall seeing any of those...sorry don't mean to make ya feel old! hahaha.

I'm at a loss of words for a remake i'd like, I guess I don't know enough older movies. The only one that comes to mind is Dog Day Afternoon.....probably still too soon for that though..

BUT I did just think of this:

How about they remake all the Nicolas Cage movies...okay really they just need to recast his character cause his acting is atrocious. :)

There's already a "sort of" reamake of The Dirty Dozen, Marvin, Borgnine and Jaekel are in it (1985)

Then theres another one but it gets silly as Telly Savalas is in it and he got killed in the original.

Then theres yet another.

Ernest Borgnine was in all 4

Actually just ignore all that, as they are sequels :oops:

eh? i don't know any of those films, so have no desire for any to be remade.

i'm not sure which film i would want remade - nothing that i really like, as that would spoil the film...

so it would need to be something that should have been good, but turned out to be a disappointment.

let me think about it, and i'll come back to this thread in a bit.

ok, i have thought of a couple of films which are old (to me), and might benefit from a new version.

top of my list is:

ROBOCOP

also maybe:

Ghostbusters

The Goonies

Brewsters Millions

Brewsters Millions is the Pryor movie in which he has to spend xxx millions in order to get the REAL inheritance? Right? Ahhh yes, that WOULD be a great remake...starring....DAVE CHAPELLE!! **** YES!

Robocop would probably be the best of those movies to be remade though...although Goonies would be fantastic. Great ideas there Ender

I voted the Great Escape, as love that film. Saying that, not so sure if a remake would be as good as the original (sadly, they never are).

Still, a modern version of this film would be one I would want to see

I thought the same before i read this post. You will never beat the great escape but a remake would be cool. I would put a fiver on bloody Jason Stathom getting a part :lol: and Bob Hoskins would most likely end up the blind guy.

If i was going to go for a film off the poll i would go for Salems Lot, Why? Because it scared the hell out of me and my mates as kids and one night up pissed as adults we decided to get it out on VHS and it was like watching Crossroads, not scary with scenery that rocked around. I was tempted to say The Lost Boys but i would refuse to watch it as some films just can't be beaten as The Italian Job proved.

Note for our American Cousins: Crossroads was a crappy soap opera set in a hotel in Birmingham

Probably shouldn't be remaking any of those films as they are all classics, although I think the Dirty Dozen is slightly misplaced on that list as it's less of a great film!

Infact Q. Tarantino's new movie is a Dirty Dozen remake - 'Inglourious Basterds'.

ok, i have thought of a couple of films which are old (to me), and might benefit from a new version.

top of my list is:

ROBOCOP

also maybe:

Ghostbusters

The Goonies

Brewsters Millions

I am with you on these, and I think a lot of people are. Have seen new versions of Robocop and The Goonies mentioned a few times as being in the pipeline over the past few years. They keep coming up in movie magazines such as Empire, and I must admit a remake of either (or both) would be fantastic.

It was said that a new Goonies movie would have the past Goonies in it, as the parents of the new ones. Also, with the Ghostbusters game (not sure if it is out or when it will be), I think it is to replace any movie. This is a shame, but nothing is for certain in Hollywood. Brewsters Millions would be a great remake aswell. That could really work.

I think out of all of the above that Brewsters Millions would be the only one that could surpass the original (even though the original is brilliant). Perhaps Robocop too, as it would work well with today's FX. I think this has been mentioned somewhere (Robocop) as being likely to be made. Although you never know.

The Goonies and Ghostbusters are classics that would be very hard to beat with a remake and could be ruined. The only way we will ever know though is if they are actually made.

If i was going to go for a film off the poll i would go for Salems Lot, Why? Because it scared the hell out of me and my mates as kids and one night up pissed as adults we decided to get it out on VHS and it was like watching Crossroads, not scary with scenery that rocked around. I was tempted to say The Lost Boys but i would refuse to watch it as some films just can't be beaten as The Italian Job proved.

Note for our American Cousins: Crossroads was a crappy soap opera set in a hotel in Birmingham

There is a remake of that one with Rob Lowe, Donald Sutherland and Rutger Hauer. Not better than the first, so I agree with you. I thought of this particualr film for a long tiem before I discovered that there now was one, but when I saw it it wasn't scary at all, so I still want a new remake. In fact, I'd go for a few old King-movies as the books didn't get the film they deserved. "The stand", "It", "The langoliers" and "The lawnmower man" are some from the top of my head.

top of my list is:

ROBOCOP

also maybe:

Ghostbusters

The Goonies

Brewsters Millions

WHAT!!!???

There is no way any of those films should be remade... they're not that old for starters! Plus they've got that cheesy innocence of the 80's and early 90's about them. And when i say that i mean that as much in the way that at the time nobody was too hung up about special effects and you'd never here the line "like that'd ever happen". Modern day cinema audiences are too demanding and harder to please (and i include myself in that).

In addition to that i feel the modern day comedian struggles to work in this kind of environment. Classic comedians like Dan Akroyd and Bill Murray could make you laugh without even trying and i don't think you've got anywhere near that talent in the current hollywood line up. You try putting the modern successors in such a line up and you end up with something like 'Wild Hogs' or some bollox with Chris Rock.

I think "Where Eagles Dare" would be a great film to remake, a great plot and story with twists and turns.

Burton: Clive Owen?

Eastwood: Sutherland? Damon?

I don't think the flow of the story should change much at all from the original, but the action could certainly be beefed up for modern day.

Â