1. 1. The Movie Remake You'd Want to See Most

• Casablanca
    • The Great Escape
    • The Guns of Navarone
    • The Dirty Dozen
    • Chinatown
    • The Bridge Over the River Kwai
    • Other

Why on earth would you want any films remade?

If it was a classic the first time around, why spoil it?

If it was shit the first time around, is it worth polishing a turd?

Exactly!

What is peoples problems with not watching old films or foreign films.

They have to be re-made in hollywood gloss before anyone touches them, very odd!

A big budget version of "Sink the Bismarck" please.

with the real ending ... i.e we still couldn't sink the bloody thing , despite being unable to steer , in the end the germans scuttled ....

eh? i don't know any of those films, so have no desire for any to be remade.

i'm not sure which film i would want remade - nothing that i really like, as that would spoil the film...

so it would need to be something that should have been good, but turned out to be a disappointment.

let me think about it, and i'll come back to this thread in a bit.

You haven't heard of The Great Escape?! Stallone is a goalkeeper!

eh? i don't know any of those films, so have no desire for any to be remade.

i'm not sure which film i would want remade - nothing that i really like, as that would spoil the film...

so it would need to be something that should have been good, but turned out to be a disappointment.

let me think about it, and i'll come back to this thread in a bit.

You haven't heard of The Great Escape?! Stallone is a goalkeeper!

No he's not, thats Escape to Victory, the Great Escape is Steve McQueen a motorbike and the Swiss border with Gordon Jackson making a schoolboy error and ending up being machine gunned into a ditch

• 5 months later...

Oh ferfuxsake. Not only are they remaking "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" (with Tom Cruise and John Travolta), but I now hear a remake of "High Noon" is under way.

Someone has to die for this.

Yeah, have to say that squeaky voiced bint in Bound is really irritating and Gina Gershon's character is, well I just kept shouting "You're just a **** cliché! You're just a **** cliché!" at the TV screen.

I'd like to see remakes of the Harryhausen films; Jason and the Argonauts and all that.

Escape from new york,

Stick Kurt Russell in the role again i dont care how old he is, update it with improved CGI more crazy people and add gatling guns rocket launchers e.t.c

Oh ferfuxsake. Not only are they remaking "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" (with Tom Cruise and John Travolta), but I now hear a remake of "High Noon" is under way.

Someone has to die for this.

totally agree, that sounds just awful, two sciencetologists making it as well, will they involve an alien spaceship.

Â