• Casablanca
    • The Great Escape
    • The Guns of Navarone
    • The Dirty Dozen
    • Chinatown
    • The Bridge Over the River Kwai
    • Other

What is it?

Judge Dredd. And yes, you're spot on Dave, the Stallone version was fecking awful. So much scope to that character and they turned it into a one dimensional action movie. Horrible.

The Dambusters. **** the fictional heroics of fictional characters in Pearl Harbour.This was a story about real people who showed incredible heroism in an amazing raid. Deserves to be given the benefit of todays special effects boys. If it had been an American operation I have no doubt it would already have been done. Still there were British , Australian, New Zealand and Canadian boys involved. Would love to see this made.

• 1 year later...
The Dambusters. **** the fictional heroics of fictional characters in Pearl Harbour.This was a story about real people who showed incredible heroism in an amazing raid. Deserves to be given the benefit of todays special effects boys. If it had been an American operation I have no doubt it would already have been done. Still there were British , Australian, New Zealand and Canadian boys involved. Would love to see this made.

Peter Jackson is remaking it with Stephen Fry writing the script. The dog's called Digger.

I can't be bothered to read through the whole thread, so apologies if this has already been said. However, I would like to see 'Big Trouble In Little China' remade. Cracking film.

On another note, the remake of A-Team is 100% on now. This is a pic of the cast:

the_a_team_first_look.jpg

Not sure if I want a remake of it, as I have such fond memories from it when I was a child. The cast seems alright though.

Well, that turned out to be rubbish.

I'm still waiting for the 'Big Trouble In Little China' remake though...

Peter Jackson is remaking it with Stephen Fry writing the script. The dog's called Digger.

I'm pretty sure that got canned?

I'd like to see Paul Greengrass' take on Titanic.

I can see it now. Matt Damon as an Irishman (who happens to be well built and is possibly former army), thinks there is a conspiracy to sink the Titanic by some rival ship-builders on board. There is a race against time to find these men before they drive the ship into an iceberg.

Oh, and we can get Kate Winslet back to get her tits out rather inexplicably.

Ahh, perfect.

I'm pretty sure that got canned?

Dunno, but if they do remake it then they had better keep the **** theme tune. Greatest bit of music ever, I think it is impossible for an Englishman to not get a lump in his throat whenever he hears it. :)

bwahahaa :lol:

I can't think of a single film that should be remade, actually. I mean, I guess films that do get remade are remade because they were already good and the producers know they'll be onto a sure fire winner at the box office. Therefore, no films come to mind that were ok/bad, but had potential to be remade into something good now...I'm thinking it'd have to be something that could be improved with modern production values and special effects. Only succesful one I can think of is Solaris which was improved significantly. Although I'm aware that's hotly debated. Maybe Back to the Future...? Even then, I can only imagine a remake tarnishing the original.

The Omega Man? Although there's I am Legend for that already, I suppose.

Ahhh think I may have got it, a film I watched very recently. The Towering Inferno. Or maybe our American cousins are now too sensitive to the sight of burning skycrapers, I guess it wouldnt go down very well

Poor movies of good books would seem to be obvious candidates for remake.

There's plenty of those.

There's an amazing film in a Clive Barker book somewhere, but no one has quite managed it yet.

Â