economic situation is dire

ianrobo1

sell-sell-sell.jpg?w=150&h=130

Not wrong, it's been a global massacre. Hard landing in China as the equities bubble unwinds sending shock waves around the world.

best time to buy is when there is blood on the carpet so the advice now is buy buy buy , if you are selling now then you are already too late

• Like 1

Not wrong, it's been a global massacre. Hard landing in China as the equities bubble unwinds sending shock waves around the world.

best time to buy is when there is blood on the carpet so the advice now is buy buy buy , if you are selling now then you are already too late

'Tis why I don't work in finance :)

• Like 1

My post was commentary not counsel.
  • Like 1

Crazy day today, some of the biggest Foreign Exchhange swings i've seen.  2:00-2:30pm U.K time was just absurd.

Still unsure why the Chinese deicded to surprise he markets last week by weakening their currency to "stem growth" ?  Looks a bit naive now doesnt it, the world doenst need any shocks at the moment you bafoons!!!

I hope to god this is a panic station movement (im sticking to my positions anyway).  Otherwise, i dread to think what will happen if it gathers momentum :(

My nipper paid her first ever pension contribution earlier this month. £3.75 

It's me that's got to go home tonight and tell her what's just happened. Not the Chinese, not some trader. Me.

• Like 2

Can anyone explain to an idiot what's going on? 

Minimal collateral loans creating huge bubble in price of stuff, further margin lending backed by stuff at crazy prices (e.g., oil)... price drops, whoops

Lets see how long it takes for the parasitic bankers to look for a bailout of their precious free market again.

• Like 3

Crazy day today, some of the biggest Foreign Exchhange swings i've seen. 2:00-2:30pm U.K time was just absurd.

Still unsure why the Chinese deicded to surprise he markets last week by weakening their currency to "stem growth" ? Looks a bit naive now doesnt it, the world doenst need any shocks at the moment you bafoons!!!

I hope to god this is a panic station movement (im sticking to my positions anyway). Otherwise, i dread to think what will happen if it gathers momentum :(

As someone in the business I'm sure you'll have a better idea than us but reading around the advice seems to vary from 'sit tight' to 'bring out your dead'.

The Dow is recovering a bit now but Europe has been smashed and the Russians are right in the poo. Brent crude is about the same price per gallon as Evian.. Also seems to be some suspicion of a further Chinese devaluation in the morning.

Question if you'd be so kind, who is winning out of this?

Financial markets are mostly people buying and selling stuff that doesn't exist for a price that doesn't equal real value, it's the perceived value of imaginary money projected into an unknown future.

As long as everyone keeps pretending the emperor has a nice set of clothes, everything is more or less ok. If someone decides to let slip it's all a load of jazz they all panic and sell their imaginary stuff for knock down prices.

Your pension relies on everyone agreeing the emperor is dressed. Today we saw some bollocks. 

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 4

Crazy day today, some of the biggest Foreign Exchhange swings i've seen. 2:00-2:30pm U.K time was just absurd.

Still unsure why the Chinese deicded to surprise he markets last week by weakening their currency to "stem growth" ? Looks a bit naive now doesnt it, the world doenst need any shocks at the moment you bafoons!!!

I hope to god this is a panic station movement (im sticking to my positions anyway). Otherwise, i dread to think what will happen if it gathers momentum :(

As someone in the business I'm sure you'll have a better idea than us but reading around the advice seems to vary from 'sit tight' to 'bring out your dead'.

The Dow is recovering a bit now but Europe has been smashed and the Russians are right in the poo. Brent crude is about the same price per gallon as Evian.. Also seems to be some suspicion of a further Chinese devaluation in the morning.

Question if you'd be so kind, who is winning out of this?

Its a bizarre day mate and no-one on T.V seems to know why either!! It's all seemed to stem from China last week devaluing their currency.  Last week everything was plodding along quite nicely.  How that can change in 1 week is beyond my level of knowledge at the moment!!  These companies arent abotu to go bust and the banks are in decent shape !?

When times are bad, people usually rush into gold.  But today it's hardly benefitted ?

The main winners today (in the currency market) is the Euro, Swiss Franc Japanese Yen.  Yen/Franc as it's considered safe in bad times, EUR as people have been using it to fund trades in riskier countries (because it's so cheap)  but now everyone has shat themselves and had to buy all their Euro's back. 

Tomorrow could go either way.......I just pray the people in Asia slow down a bit tomorrow.  China need to calm everyone down by issuing some form of public statement/plan of action ASAP.

All a huge game of poker...as soon as #blackmonday was trending on twitter the market started to recover ! 

• Like 1

Minimal collateral loans creating huge bubble in price of stuff, further margin lending backed by stuff at crazy prices (e.g., oil)... price drops, whoops

Lets see how long it takes for the parasitic bankers to look for a bailout of their precious free market again.

Bailouts have NOTHING to do with free markets, they are the antithesis of free market capitalism. You do know the essens of a free market is that it is free from government intervention? Blame greedy bankers and the politicians that enable them, but keep free markets out of it.

EDIT: If you actually believe the US have free market capitalism, you should put more hours into your self taught economic theory.

Edited by norwegianvillain

My share 'portfolio' (what a strange word) took a not too shabby hit today, however, in it for the long haul so I'm sure I'll come out the other side ok.

Â