Would you shake Maradona's hand?

PompeyVillan

Would you shake la mano de Dios?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Would you shake la mano de Dios?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I would french kiss him (the scotch option).

SSN are now reporting how Terry Butcher said he wouldnt shake Maradona's hand before Scotland's game against Argentina. Would you?

I cant help but resent the little cheating word removed (marvelous player and all that, but meeeeh!), but I wouldnt give him the satisfaction of showing bad sportsmanship like he did, and prove that I was better than him. I'd shake his hand without an ounce of emotion on my face... in an ideal world.

was going to vote no, but voted yes - as I would be above pettiness, even if he is a drug abusing cheating word removed who I really don't like very much

OK I now officially want to change my vote.

I have just heard him quoted on WM and he allegedly said:

"My treatment is unfair - England won the World Cup in 1966 with the help of a goal that was not proved to be over the line"

So - he is comparing a fairly struck shot that hit the underside of the bar and bounced down, to a blatant piece of cheating by punching a looping ball into the net.

Complete and utter word removed

if the shoe were on the other foot, would you care if we cheated to win a world cup (linesman?)

he's the most talented football player ever to grace the game, like other football genius's (gazza, stan (lol)) he's had problems with drugs etc etc so whats with all the stupid negativity?

we all love george best and he was a raging alcoholic throughout his life, big deal, he did what he had to do to win a world cup for his country i'd have done the same. And they probably would have beaten us anyway...

if the shoe were on the other foot, would you care if we cheated to win a world cup (linesman?)

he's the most talented football player ever to grace the game, like other football genius's (gazza, stan (lol)) he's had problems with drugs etc etc so whats with all the stupid negativity?

we all love george best and he was a raging alcoholic throughout his life, big deal, he did what he had to do to win a world cup for his country i'd have done the same. And they probably would have beaten us anyway...

What linesman cheated? I dont understand.

Gazza and Stan had mental issues and Bestie was an alcoholic, as was Paul McGrath.

But none of them were CHEATS