Would you shake Maradona's hand?

PompeyVillan

Would you shake la mano de Dios?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Would you shake la mano de Dios?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I would french kiss him (the scotch option).

he was suspended for cocaine usage originally .. are the medical benefits of this drug on sportsmen widely published ?

oh that's right they are ...

The few studies that exist suggest that little to no performance gains are incurred from cocaine and its amphetamine-like properties

so he was a recreational user of drugs ... assume you don't listen to any music either from say the Stones ,Beatles , Cliff Richard :winkold:

so that leaves the 94 world cup and ephedrine.. an appetite suppressant that a fat overweight player past his prime may possibly have been using to try and get back in shape for a last push .. and a drug that was not illegal in the United States until 2000

how about the 20 years of drug taking Pete ?

Best did it with the booze...so did Mcgrath

So you wouldn't shake the hand of the Lord? I have and would again.

Anyway, Scott's got this one sussed. Just whatever he says is right on this IMO.

Absolutely I would.

Yes he cheated, yes he can say some fairly stupid things, yes he's had his issues - but dear lord, even if he was a little before my time, what a fantastic footballer. There are few things in life I love more than football, and Maradona may just have been the greatest player of the game ever. Like any fan of art would shake the hand of Picasso, I would gladly shake the hand of Maradona.

No, was thinking the other day how I dislike his attitude to life and how others treat him as a god becuase of it.

Psst, that's not why they worship him as a God.

Terry Butcher's made himself look like a petty minded prick who's a seriously sore loser. Maradona in my opinion is the greatest footballer of all time, but a flawed genius. But the hand ball? So what? How many times have England fans cheered another Owen dive for a penalty, or a Gerrard or a Beckham feigning an injury to get a player booked or win a free kick??

Butcher is just a sore sore loser. What a prick.

I do think Butcher is a sore loser and there is no reason to make this about him and Maradona, it is about Scotland and Argentina. Having said that, the little pug Diego cant help but have a dig at '66 either, so its coming from both sides.

I'm English, I wasnt born when the handball happened, and I don't like him for that. I cant say I like him as a person either, I think he exploits his messianic status. But boy, he was one hell of a player. From the footage I've seen, he's better than Best, Pele, Platini, Van Bastan, Zidane, Ronaldo IMO. Granted I havnt seen anything but highlights of most of those players, but I think Maradona is the better.

No, was thinking the other day how I dislike his attitude to life and how others treat him as a god becuase of it.

Psst, that's not why they worship him as a God.

suppose not, wouldnt want to shake it then, would if I was on the other team tho.

Guess he is the ultimate rock n roll footballer

I don't mean this disparagingly because I believe what I am saying to be true. Only an Englishman would contemplate not shaking Maradona's hand. Everyone else (including Brazilians) love what he could do.