Would you shake Maradona's hand?

PompeyVillan

Would you shake la mano de Dios?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Would you shake la mano de Dios?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I would french kiss him (the scotch option).

As I heard last night, I thought this too, the second goal, butcher was the one who attempted the tackle after Maradona rounded the keeper, correct? Guy on the radio last night reckons Butcher scored that as an own goal and can't take it so just acts like a bad loser because he's never got over it.

As I heard last night, I thought this too, the second goal, butcher was the one who attempted the tackle after Maradona rounded the keeper, correct? Guy on the radio last night reckons Butcher scored that as an own goal and can't take it so just acts like a bad loser because he's never got over it.

Yes. It's Butcher's tackle that put the ball in the back of the net.

Also Butcher and Maradonna were both drug tested after the game where Maradonna allegedly told him that he headed the first goal so that might have added to the bitterness.

On topic, I would gladly shake his hand - 2nd greatest footballer behind God ;)

I always thought that whenever I saw that goal, Butcher gets the last touch on the ball ahead of Maradona. Plenty proclaming it as one of the great goals (it was an amazing run) but looks to me like it was an own goal by whichever England defender.