Carlos Soler

Good article about him

Valencia’s Carlos Soler: ‘You’re comparing me to Cazorla, Mata and Silva? Nah’ | Valencia | The Guardian

The question is inevitable: what about the Premier League? After all, Soler speaks English and the fondness for English football is revealed in recollections of Sundays at 5pm watching with his dad: Manchester United’s 8-2 over Arsenal, Cesc Fàbregas at Arsenal, Fernando Torres, Frank Lampard, Steve Gerrard, Wigan winning the FA Cup. There’s an attraction at least, and his style might suit: it has worked before, a certain parallel with Santi Cazorla, David Silva and Juan Mata.

• Thanks 1

So he would be Mcginn's rotation option on that RM? and possible cover further forward. 

Just worried he doesn't have the tackling stats like Mcginn has and that might be a drop off. 

27 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

So he would be Mcginn's rotation option on that RM? and possible cover further forward. 

Just worried he doesn't have the tackling stats like Mcginn has and that might be a drop off. 

I wouldn't worry. Once Don Unai has coached him he'll be prime Yaya Toure.

Don’t feel the love for this one. Never been impressed in the fleeting moments I’ve seen him play. Obvious caveat of having full trust in the boys, mind. 

• Like 2

Seems an intelligent guy, which often translates onto the pitch, and top level experience. If there is a cut price deal looks a quality addition. The Spanish influence at the club would make it seems as gentle transition as possible. Unai could get him back on track.

Hermoso, Baena, Soler and Frimpong would be a great summer 😉

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, lexicon said:

This smells like a very possible signing. Good opportunity to sign an undervalued player that Emery could get the best out of. 

PSG not short of cash either so we could get a very favourable deal, maybe a double deal for Soler and Mukiele 👀

Edited by MSvillain

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Not the most thrilling of highlights packages… 😂 

True, but it gives you a good sense of what kind of player he is and he looks like he'd fit right in, in an Emery team. 

• Like 2

Seems so far with the current regime that players only get linked if they are going to be signed so I have high expectations we will get him. If he really is available for 18m Euros. Looks like a great bargain.

7 minutes ago, lexicon said:

True, but it gives you a good sense of what kind of player he is and he looks like he'd fit right in, in an Emery team. 

Yeah, he doesn’t look like a Bailey, Diaby kind of highlight player, but he looks solid, dare I say, ‘old fashioned’ centre mid. 

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah, he doesn’t look like a Bailey, Diaby kind of highlight player, but he looks solid, dare I say, ‘old fashioned’ centre mid. 

Tielemans is the closest comparison in the squad, I think. 

• Like 2

On 17/05/2024 at 09:47, Rich192 said:

Don’t feel the love for this one. Never been impressed in the fleeting moments I’ve seen him play. Obvious caveat of having full trust in the boys, mind. 

Thing is I don't care who we sign.  I trust the people in charge to get the most suitable they can within the budget available.

• Like 1

Â