Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think in the case of the FA cup it would really depend on how well we’d done in the champions league - we’ll know by then if we’re into the knock out stages. If we’re already out, then I wouldn’t be surprised to see us go full tilt for it.

Yep, very possible.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

To be out of the CL by the FA Cup 3rd round at the start of Jan, we'd need to have been pretty bad in the CL, as there will still be two games still to play after the FA Cup 3rd round,

Oh really? Ok, well maybe we’ll know by the fourth round and go from there…:)

We may be the new boys, we may be on pot 4. BUT...

We have a master of European football in the dugout. There's a hell of alot of sides in those other pots who would love Unai in their dugout.

• Like 2

Champions League title race thread

If we can take the amount of points we have this season off of our top 4 rivals, we can win the Champions League. 

No limits under King Unai

• Like 1

Nice treat for the fans with the new style 'group stage' rather than 3 teams twice.

4 home games

4 away games

8 different teams. I love it.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I think we could win it, but won't. Circumstance and injury will play its part and Emery won't fully sacrifice the league for it (by that I mean our best/key players will be playing both the games in European game weeks and will tire by the end of the season)

But if everything goes our way, then we absolutely have a first team that on its day can beat anyone in the world. 

Edited by MrBlack

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I think we could win it, but won't. Circumstance and injury will play its part and Emery won't fully sacrifice the league for it.

But if everything goes our way, then we absolutely have a first team that on its day can beat anyone in the world. 

Its all about the luck of the draw

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Yup, we can beat anyone in a one off game, but we don't have the consistency.

Funnier things have happened, us winning it wouldn't be as surprising as Porto doing it, but as well as the usual group of 5 or 6 clubs that expect to find themselves getting to the semi finals, there's probably another half a dozen teams that could plausibly say "you know what, if it all goes our way..."

I'd be chuffed to just get out of the group

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

With some good signings over the summer we could easily go up levels and next year be closing the gap at the top of the table in the PL and get out the group stages of the CL. I expect Unai and Monchi to be rubbing their hands together today at some of the potential signings now available to us. The new adventure is only just beginning. 

Just think Super John Mcginn will achieve something Bobby Charlton, George Best, Graeme Souness, Ian Rush and Kenny Dalgliesh have never achieved. 

He's qualified for Champions league. If everyone is saying this is the first time we have qualified, ignoring 1982, well these players have never qualified for it.

And Liverpool and  Manchester United have only won it once each.

Â