FAB meeting - 22nd May 2024

10 minutes ago, TheLeftSide said:

If North stand doesn’t get replaced by 2030 (after Euro’s) are there desires to make any incremental capacity increases somehow? 

are the club aware of complexities of season ticket holders, (who especially already attend in family groups), getting tickets for younger family members coming through the ranks. I know their answer will be they can join a club and get a ticket ~ somewhere in the ground, but what do the other members of family then do? Without expansion this problem is growing,  

Ripping off that plaster will only get harder the longer they leave it.

• Like 1

@OutByEaster? still my one from previously.  Allowing a family member to go to the game in emergency when you can’t go.  By even designation of one person at the beginning of the season that if you can’t go that you can go online and swop to them for that game.  It’s fine if you have plenty of time to arrange with the Villa but sometimes on the match day things come up and you can’t go and getting in touch with the ticket office is impossible.  Otherwise young family members have to also miss out because I can’t go whereas a relative could go in my place.

• Like 2

Feedback on how the current hospitality sections (terrace view, lower grounds) are fairing money-wise and capacity-wise and whether there are plans to amend/add to these next season

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

@OutByEaster? still my one from previously.  Allowing a family member to go to the game in emergency when you can’t go.  By even designation of one person at the beginning of the season that if you can’t go that you can go online and swop to them for that game.  It’s fine if you have plenty of time to arrange with the Villa but sometimes on the match day things come up and you can’t go and getting in touch with the ticket office is impossible.  Otherwise young family members have to also miss out because I can’t go whereas a relative could go in my place.

we've had this this season. villa say you should go to ticket office in person and reassign to the family member if you cannot get through by phone.

the lack of ability to reassign to another member online is astounding...i thought something was in the works with this ages ago?

Are there going to be any changes to memberships and ticket access eg premium memberships getting quicker access or better seats? (I don’t want this but I can see it coming)

48 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

we've had this this season. villa say you should go to ticket office in person and reassign to the family member if you cannot get through by phone.

the lack of ability to reassign to another member online is astounding...i thought something was in the works with this ages ago?

Yeah that’s fine and I’ve done that in the past but it’s not always convenient to get to the ground at the last minute to change through either illness or elderly parent issues that I have to deal with.  The current system only works if you have considerable time or know well in advance like shift changes or when you have a holiday planned. Last minute/on the day changes are impossible at the moment practically.  A simple switch online in your account shouldn’t be a complex thing to do in this modern age.

• Like 2

Would you be able to ask:

- If the Warehouse will be open by the start of 24/25 - and if not when the completion is expected

- Will the club share details of the work over the next two years that was referenced in the recent interview with Gabi?

-What is the longer term ambition for Aston (re the Mater Plan that is being developed with BCC and the West Midlands Combined Authority) - when will details be made public?

- Is the North Stand redevelopment going to happen or not?  If not, what is the plan for extending capacity at Villa Park, sorting the beyond design life North Stand and improving the Doug Ellis?

- What is our current position on PSR losses?  How close to the £105m over 3 years are we? (Hard to work out from accounts - so a view from the club would be helpful)?

• Like 2

Can they sort out the toilets in the Upper Holte? Lower Grounds took the main large toilets and although they added a new block, it contains about three urinals which isn’t really adequate.

Can you also ask the question what fans will be getting for their 5% increase on season tickets? It would seem that last season we lost facilities after paying for our season tickets in space, toilets, bars, food access and the Holte Suite. Will we be getting anything back? And can we expect to lose anything further once we’ve signed up to next seasons season ticket?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

I spoke about this when I was on the phone to the ticket office to reassign my ST for a game I couldn't make recently, they said plans are in place to do it on line next season.

Makes a lot of sense tbh

• Like 2

Can you ask them why they think the recent state of the toilets in the upper holte are acceptable? Overflowing / blocked urinal trough in the K4 toilets for at least the last 3 or 4 home games, absolute disgrace and for it to be left for that long in that state the club must have been aware but deliberately chose to not do anything about it.

36 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Can you ask them why they think the recent state of the toilets in the upper holte are acceptable? Overflowing / blocked urinal trough in the K4 toilets for at least the last 3 or 4 home games, absolute disgrace and for it to be left for that long in that state the club must have been aware but deliberately chose to not do anything about it.

We're looking to put together a list of smaller questions that we'd like the club to answer separately to the main meeting, I'll add this to those.

• Like 1

Improve the wifi please.  I get in early and it’s fine but as soon as it starts to get some crowd in it doesn’t work.

• Like 1

On 13/05/2024 at 12:13, OutByEaster? said:

There will be a formal, minuted meeting between the club and the Fans Advisory Board on Wednesday 22nd May.

We'll be raising the concerns and interest that have been raised on stadium development, ticket prices and any changes in zoning that come about as a result, as well as ongoing concerns around the branding project and communication.

If there's anything you'd like asked, please add it in this thread and we'll do our best to get it onto the agenda.

Please be as specific as possible on your question, it's really helpful in getting the club to answer them in the way you'd like.

With regards to the Holte End and the ridiculous service at HT(Not discounting anywhere else in the ground btw). Wouldn't it make sense for the club to possibly look at extending the concourse area and open up the external area at HT around where the security searches are carried out in the Hole car park? At least around the Witton Road side of the lower Holte End, Fencing this area off properly, the shutters could be opened thus increasing the concourse area and usage of the mobile van facilities in the Holte car park. 

They already barrier it off now for the searches so erecting better fencing would increase massively the potential to encourage more fans to use HT facilities. 

image.png.53d90c9b8dde28ae494803372857cffa.png

What’s the name and Instagram of the attractive young woman (physio?) who sits on the bench the last few games, please.

1 hour ago, david-avfc said:

Blocked urinal in the Lower Holte last night too.

Was blocked from before kick off.  People still pissing into it with horror splash backs. 

How can this shit happen BEFORE kick off. Was probably blocked last game as we I'd imagine. 

Posted (edited)

They've created a ludicrous traffic jam with the fanzone at the Lower Holte. They've taken out one set of steps so twice as many people now use the second set of steps which enters the Holte Car Park right where they've put the entrance to the fan zone. 

Just stupid planning. 

Edited by sidcow