Pre Match Thread - Cup Final 9 of 10

1 minute ago, ben1505 said:

I admire your confidence but you never know..

Hope we get what we need from tomorrow's game but if not, then Jack's not guaranteed a Euros spot yet so Tuesday will be his chance to do us a favour 😀

• Like 1

I thought it unlikely tjat Spurs would lose all 4 of their tough games... they've lost 3 of them, hopefully its irrelevant but i'm hoping its 4 from 4..

• Like 1

"youri tielemans close, zaniolo close, moreno close."  -  Unai on OS.  I hope they all three make it and play.  But i fear he's just talking hopefully and keeping liverplop off balance.  We need fresh legs desperately and i'm clutching for other options.  Kellyman?  Monroe?  kessler hayden?  Tim?

based on playing time, it seems that Tim might be closer to ready than the others.  Maybe a three man mid-field with one advanced?  it would give luis and/or mcginn the freedom to push forward more.

i just fear that the same tired 22 legs are going to get the same flat performance and results we have seen too much lately.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

A draw doesn't really change anything other than to rule-out the goal-difference element, which is very unlikely after they stuttered past Burnley.

We have to put everything into this.

We can do it if VP is rocking.

If we get a point it means that Spurs have to win against City and S Utd, a draw or loss in either game and it is over. At this stage they can get a draw against City and then overturn goal difference of 8 minus however much we ended up loosing to Liverpool and Palace. It is unlikely but still not out of the realm of possibilities. For example if we lost combined 4 - 0 to Liverpool and Palace then Spurs would have to beat S Utd on the last day by at least 4.

Edited by jacksonho
  • Like 1

Given that Spurs play SHU I don't think GD is much of a buffer. I get scoring 5-6 goals or more in one game is asking a lot but Sheffield are the worst defensive side in Prem history, it has to be expected they'll go at least 3 goals clear minimum. Frankly I think it's more likely than not that if we both finish at 67 points, Spurs will take 4th on GD. I still think we'll squeak a result from the final 2 despite the fact that we're cooked, to say nothing of 115 licking their chops about playing Spurs. But this is far from done and dusted.

Our legs have gone, unless we get players back for this one I see a bit of a thrashing coming and I’m normally quite optimistic 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caddy said:

Given that Spurs play SHU I don't think GD is much of a buffer. I get scoring 5-6 goals or more in one game is asking a lot but Sheffield are the worst defensive side in Prem history, it has to be expected they'll go at least 3 goals clear minimum. Frankly I think it's more likely than not that if we both finish at 67 points, Spurs will take 4th on GD. I still think we'll squeak a result from the final 2 despite the fact that we're cooked, to say nothing of 115 licking their chops about playing Spurs. But this is far from done and dusted.

This is the same Sheff Utd team that went to spurs and only lost 2.1

I’m feeling a draw today.  If no team is winning by around 70 minutes I can’t see either team really going for it. A nice exhibition type atmosphere would be nice for us at that point.  Everyone just having a laugh. 

Or is a point not enough ?

On 10/05/2024 at 06:50, zab6359 said:

**** me some of our supporters are defeatist!!

.....and some are realists.....If we show, no energy, urgency or intensity.....and operate at a walking pace, like we have in recent games. I would say the chances are, we will get done.

That's the reality.

Of course we will get behind them, we always do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have a funny feeling we're going to pull off a surprise result here, as we have done this season a few times against "bigger" teams. I know it would defy all logic based on our recent performances but this team has a habit of turning up for a big occasion in the PL.

2 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I have a funny feeling we're going to pull off a surprise result here, as we have done this season a few times against "bigger" teams. I know it would defy all logic based on our recent performances but this team has a habit of turning up for a big occasion in the PL.

Surprise, being the operative word.

On 11/05/2024 at 07:49, jimmygreaves said:

If Man City or Arsenal win this weekend then Liverpool cannot win the title (I think).

Hopefully that'll knock the wind out of their sails before we kick off.

Should be a well matched game, then......because the wind has certainly gone from our sails.

On 10/05/2024 at 16:05, smg said:

And if you were around no doubt you predicted a defeat.

and with us failing to win the previous 6 games, being 8th in the league and them top......based on the rule of probability.....I think I would have predicted a defeat too.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m feeling a draw today.  If no team is winning by around 70 minutes I can’t see either team really going for it. A nice exhibition type atmosphere would be nice for us at that point.  Everyone just having a laugh. 

Or is a point not enough ?

A point makes it slightly more in our favour. It would mean Spurs need to beat Man City, rather than a draw against Man City and a large win against Sheffield.

• Like 2

Hope we have got one big performance left in us tonight but can't see past a routine Liverpool win unfortunately. Going to assume we won't see Tielemans or Rogers tonight. 

Posted (edited)

I don't mind losing,  but there has to be aggression,  intensity, and pressure seen little of that since the start of the month. Injuries are a side that team is good enough  to get a result. Injuries shouldn't be an exuse. Need leadership to who's going to stand up.

Why wasn't there a prematch press conference and injury update ?.

Edited by ozvilla28