Posted (edited)

The referee has been previously banned for match-fixing and we are playing a team known for bending the rules.

Is this for real or some kind of joke?

I suppose in a world of cheats like Man. City and before them Real Madrid I should not be surprised.

Even if Villa race into a two goal lead we can expect the referee to red card one of our players and give them cheap fouls and a penalty.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

The referee has been previously banned for match-fixing and we are playing a team known for bending the rules.

Is this for real or some kind of joke?

I suppose in a world of cheats like Man. City and before them Real Madrid I should not be surprised.

Even if Villa race into a two goal lead we can expect the referee to red card one of our players and give them cheap fouls and a penalty.

This sounds about right, alas...

You can expect Olympiacos' players to fall down --and to stay there for as long as the ref allows them to-- constantly, even when a Villa player merely brushes past them...

Still, I do hope that Villa won't take all that lying down!

13 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I saw that headline and genuinely thought it referred to the ref from the first leg 😂😂

Seems quite clear they want Olympiakos in the final now.

🤣, glad I wasn’t the only one who thought that!

11 minutes ago, AEK fan said:

You can expect Olympiacos' players to fall down --and to stay there for as long as the ref allows them to-- constantly, even when a Villa player merely brushes past them...

Still, I do hope that Villa won't take all that lying down!

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611hcmvikh8rfglbtd0tj

This weekend was our Easter.... so no game for us. but after villa we will play Sunday-wednesday- sunday the last 3 games in our league...And if we want to take the champion we have to win them all.....

In some ways it might actually be an advantage to be behind going into the second leg. We go into the match fully focused on what we need to do with no pressure. Olympiakos has something to lose and If we score first the pressure is all on them and their supporters will get edgy. We get a second and I think they will fall apart.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, adamo said:

This weekend was our Easter.... so no game for us. but after villa we will play Sunday-wednesday- sunday the last 3 games in our league...And if we want to take the champion we have to win them all.....

Please make sure to rest your best players on Thursday then. You’ve got a busy week ahead.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

My prediction is Villa will score in the first 20 minutes. Olympiacos will level it and Villa will get a second, all before half time. 

Second half, Villa come out and get an early goal to level the overall score. Olympiacos will attack like crazy and we will hit them on the break to go ahead overall. Before the final whistle we will repeat that and win 5-1 on the night. Ollie hat-trick and one each for Leon and the moose. 

Edit: I forgot to had the interesting bits. 

The ref will book a dozen players, send off both assistant managers, give them an 85th minute penalty that Emi will save, and play an additional 3 minutes over the allotted injury time of 7 minutes due to Emi's game management, in which Olympiacos will hit the bar, post, and have one cleared off the line via an overhead clearance from Matty Cash. 

Edited by Villarocker
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Villa lenses off, it is **** insane that a proven cheat who had a ban for being corrupt is allowed to referee the semifinal of a UEFA competition. 

Even a Mickey Mouse one like the Conf League.

It says everything about the footballing authorities that they do not care and have no shame, both in equal measure.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Villa lenses off, it is **** insane that a proven cheat who had a ban for being corrupt is allowed to referee the semifinal of a UEFA competition. 

Even a Mickey Mouse one like the Conf League.

It says everything about the footballing authorities that they do not care and have no shame, both in equal measure.

And the General Secretary of UEFA with direct ties to Olympiacos... corrupt anybody?

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

spacer.png

We'll upset Jude again, if we get through.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ben1505 said:

And the General Secretary of UEFA with direct ties to Olympiacos... corrupt anybody?

Sounds like the Eurovision, song contest.

5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

It was bad enough they took away our first goal and denied Leon a pen. They really want a Greek team at the Athens final. 

and they might get one.