Weekends Football 3/5 May

3 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

What on earth happened to yellow cards for simulation? Feels like it’s been ages since I’ve seen the last one.

Anthony Taylor must read VillaTalk. Wilson booked for simulation in the Newcastle game today.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Think that's a pen. He clatters him (unintentionally) when Gvardiol is shooting. 

You can argue Gvardiol has clattered into him just as much.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Nah bruv. Officials are actually corrupt.

I don't think it's corruption, as in money changing hands. But I do think in meetings they are told how to play certain games. As if this goes to the end of the season, more eyes will be watching and so more money can be demanded off broadcasters.

To be fair though. No ref is gonna refuse a couple of 100k to bend a game, especially off the Arabs.

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

You can argue Gvardiol has clattered into him just as much.

Sure, but he actually gets there first and gets a shot off and the collision hinders the follow through.

I hate that in modern football you’d rather engineer contact with your trialing leg rather than the easier thing and go around the keeper to score. Well done for diving against Bournemouth. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I hate that in modern football you’d rather engineer contact with your trialing leg rather than the easier thing and go around the keeper to score. Well done for diving against Bournemouth. 

Said earlier. What ref after watching a replay of that in VAR, would consider it a penalty.

It's insane, they just don't know the game!!!

I'd really like Michael Owen get some balls and explain to Howard Webb on that shit program, why that is not a penalty. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I don't think it's corruption, as in money changing hands. But I do think in meetings they are told how to play certain games. As if this goes to the end of the season, more eyes will be watching and so more money can be demanded off broadcasters.

To be fair though. No ref is gonna refuse a couple of 100k to bend a game, especially off the Arabs.

Nah I don’t think it even gets to that level. 

I think it’s just simple human psychology.

Big team, home crowd, big outcome on the decision. 

It’s much easier to just give a call to the bigger side than face the wrath of putting them in their place. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Not sure who he is, but this commentator I'm listening to won't stop constantly praising Man City like they're the second coming of Christ. Just called David Silva a very beautiful man. 

Edited by MachoFantastico

Â