• Watkins
    • Rogers (Zaniolo 28)
    • Bailey (Diaby 68)
    • Durán (McGinn 80)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

I thought the ref's performance was slightly schizophrenic in that the first - half he was like a facist dictator and the second - half, the opposite. Went a bit dictatorial for the shoot - out too.

This is my real problem with many referees today, they want to be the centre of attention in big events and it stinks. 

23 minutes ago, jim said:

Amazing but what a dog shit performance 

Does it matter now ? Could have played like at Arsenal won 1-0 still only get to the semis. 

9 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I thought Lille were better team, but the way their players kept calling for yellow cards after every challenge was scummy. For that alone, I'm glad they got knocked out.

Even the Lille fans wanted EMI carded at the end when the ball was in play and eventually picked the ball. Last laugh was on them by Emi

18 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

I was there in 1982. This is what it is like. Get used to it. Do not panic. We did not even have Emi nor Unai then. Enjoy.

I was being born in 1982. Really hopeful this is your year guys. 🙏

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Lille are a very good team, probably the best we’ll play against in this competition.

I hope that's the case. 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t think that weird rule that nobody knows about matters. 

I’m fairly certain the ref was saying he wasn’t giving him a yellow after all so it’s irrelevant

If you watch what he's saying to Doug, he holds up his finger and says one a couple of times, I'm fairly sure he knew. I know it seems unlikely as he didn't know his arse from his elbow, but I think he booked him knowing he was giving him a second first yellow card.

• Like 2

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

If you watch what he's saying to Doug, he holds up his finger and says one a couple of times, I'm fairly sure he knew. I know it seems unlikely as he didn't know his arse from his elbow, but I think he booked him knowing he was giving him a second first yellow card.

Yes, I thought that too, he’s reassuring Dougie that this is his first yellow as the other doesn’t count.

• Like 2

Â