2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

anyone else at the game will hopefully back me up. i've not seen scenes like that since the 3-1 vs sheffield wed in the 10 game run. we've had other amazing other away results since but it was absolute pandamonium today.

what a performance, to a man. every single player was 8/10 or better. players who have been criticised at various points during the season like carlos and diaby did brilliantly. brentford was disappointing but we're right back on track.

**** 5th. **** coefficients. **** having to cheer for 115 charge facing city winning the CL. i want 4th and i think we can get it wrapped up before the last game so can just go to palace and have a massive party

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

But Big Trev and his wife Susan want us to get rid of it! They nearly scored from it!

god it still winds me up when still, even now, however many games we play where people see it works, you still get shouts of "stop pissing about at the back and get it away!!!"

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Dare I say we looked better without Luiz 

i love him. he's been fantastic. but today wouldn't have suited him. he slows play down a lot (which often we want, especially at home), but today arsenal really struggled with our quick transitions. i don't think that necessarily woud've happened had he been on the pitch

22 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

god it still winds me up when still, even now, however many games we play where people see it works, you still get shouts of "stop pissing about at the back and get it away!!!"

It's also absolutely how we are going to play. So creating anxiety is just utterly pointless.

• Like 1

Sky can get **** - we were a complete afterthought from the moment they'd booked those studio guests. Spoke about us in the build-up like Arsenal were at home to a lower-mid table team who needed one more win to be certain of not being dragged in to a relegation scrap. If only they'd just seen a match like that an hour before... We were (and are) 4th - no mention of the season we're having, just "Villa are 4th, they're actually not bad you know".

100 minutes later we're still an afterthought. It's a shame no other broadcaster can compete with them and attempt to get a better product than the shite they serve up, it's embarrassing.

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

It's when it doesn't work that those shouts feel justified. Today it worked a treat, but it can go pear - shaped. Nothing wrong with a long ball here and there, it's not like we're averse to that.

Unai dominates (let’s not forget how unlucky we were not to have more goals, Watkins and Tielemans efforts coming off the woodwork was crazy) a full strength Arsenal team lauded as being a genuine title challenger, one of the most in form teams, the best defence in Europe… with a patched up team and, especially, a midfield that would hardly ever start/play if all/most options were available…

Incredible … no one expected it…

• Like 1

Watching match of the day had Bailey not scored then I wonder if  we’d have been given a penalty seeing as the defender went through the back of Torres and made no contact with the ball ?

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Watching match of the day had Bailey not scored then I wonder if  we’d have been given a penalty seeing as the defender went through the back of Torres and made no contact with the ball ?

Us, win a penalty?  Utter madness.

At least MOTD spoke almost entirely about our performance rather than Arsenal's.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Us, win a penalty?  Utter madness.

At least MOTD spoke almost entirely about our performance rather than Arsenal's.

Yes, it was a good analysis, particularly about the tactic of keeping Watkins, Diaby, Zaniolo and Rogers in attacking positions while Arsenal were attacking.

• Like 2

Love it love it love it love it love it...... So, er, I'm happy to point out that I was in the OVERWHELMING MINORITY today in the pre-match thread to back us, and I quote, to give a properly good account of ourselves, and for Zaniolo to step up and impress in particular.

Such a great performance. Now off to watch MOTD.

• Like 1

Â