The confessions thread - clean edition

Xela

Ah the self checkout staff at our local M&S are a bit special, seems to be just the ones in this store btw

there's one other person using the self checkouts (of 7 iirc).

"Cash or Card?" Card,  Use that one there....

But I prefer that one because its card only and there's more room for a trolley as its the end one and I won't get in other peoples way (The cash ones also have the weighing mechanism whereas the card only ones don't - so extra pain in the arse as they are a bit shit)

No please use that one

"Sorry, No, that makes zero sense" proceeds to the one I wanted anyway. 

Did anybody have a phase of stealing metal dust caps off cars? That was a trend at school for a while. 

I used to have a little collection of shiny, colourful ones that I'd put on my bike or swap them for football stickers and sweets.

I used to think I was a polite, lovely little lad. Looking back, what a scallywag.

• Like 1

A few school mates of mine had a phase of nicking the badges from off of cars. Mercedes or BMWs, typically. Or at least they had other mates who would steal them on their behalf, I don’t think I ever saw one being stolen in person.

I never did anything like that. Never been interested in cars, so even if I wasn’t a scaredy cat at the thought of being caught, the reward of doing so just didn’t appeal.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Did anybody have a phase of stealing metal dust caps off cars? That was a trend at school for a while. 

I used to have a little collection of shiny, colourful ones that I'd put on my bike or swap them for football stickers and sweets.

I used to think I was a polite, lovely little lad. Looking back, what a scallywag.

Actual petrol caps, until I got monkey trapped by one that was physically attached by a chain and the guy spotted me from his living room window. Took my brain ages to work out I had to let go of the petrol cap to be able to run away!

The other was the plastic discs off the top of beer barrels. They came in two sizes and the one sizes fitted quite snuggly in to the other, essentially making a puck. We weren’t allowed footballs in school, so we basically invented kick hockey.

As a kid I had a job in a skittle alley in a working mens club, so I had access to a beer cellar. I was the **** Don. I basically peaked aged 14.

• Haha 1

When I was teenager they built a big dual carriageway through the town. Before it was opened the local scallywags used to go over and steal all the cats eyes from the middle of the road. People had hundreds and hundreds of them.

I bet it pissed the builders off so much.

I too steal bags from supermarkets.

I actually liked when they brought in the 5p bag, as an environmental tax.

It was the same as an original bag, but 5p.  That's fine.

Then the bags could barely hold 2 bottles of Pepsi and they charged 20p.

Now it's like the old free ones (or 5p ones) and it's 50p+.

Nope, not paying.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

A few school mates of mine had a phase of nicking the badges from off of cars. Mercedes or BMWs, typically. 

Wasn't this inspired by The Beastie Boys wearing VW badges as pendants? I had a Golf at the time, and my grille badge got nicked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Wasn't this inspired by The Beastie Boys wearing VW badges as pendants? I had a Golf at the time, and my grille badge got nicked. 

Yep, definitely this

I used to pick pocket other people when I was at school - A decent Parker pen was a good £5 on the streets, but it was amazing how many other kids used to have some serious cash on 'em. Not cool looking back, very regretful behaviour.

1 minute ago, T-Dog said:

I used to pick pocket other people when I was at school - A decent Parker pen was a good £5 on the streets, but it was amazing how many other kids used to have some serious cash on 'em. Not cool looking back, very regretful behaviour.

I remember back in the day there was a roaring trade in parker pens at my school too, but people were mainly nicking them from shops to sell at school.

I like your ingenuity stealing a probably stolen pen to resell. Very clever.

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

I remember back in the day there was a roaring trade in parker pens at my school too, but people were mainly nicking them from shops to sell at school.

I like your ingenuity stealing a probably stolen pen to resell. Very clever.

I didn't expect praise from that confession :D thank you

Just now, T-Dog said:

I didn't expect praise from that confession :D thank you

The perfect crime, because nobody is going to report a pen stolen if they stole it themself :lol: 

• Haha 1

On 20/05/2024 at 12:05, Mark Albrighton said:

A few school mates of mine had a phase of nicking the badges from off of cars. Mercedes or BMWs, typically. Or at least they had other mates who would steal them on their behalf, I don’t think I ever saw one being stolen in person.

I never did anything like that. Never been interested in cars, so even if I wasn’t a scaredy cat at the thought of being caught, the reward of doing so just didn’t appeal.

Wasn’t that around the time of the Beastie Boys people nicking Mercedes badges and wearing them?

19 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Wasn’t that around the time of the Beastie Boys people nicking Mercedes badges and wearing them?

VW originally. See my post upthread. 

• Thanks 1

Probably indirectly influenced by it, but my memory was this theft/damage was taking place at least ten years after the beastie boys had that look (I don’t know whether the band were still sporting VW badges in 1998/99). 

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Probably indirectly influenced by it, but my memory was this theft/damage was taking place at least ten years after the beastie boys had that look (I don’t know whether the band were still sporting VW badges in 1998/99). 

Maserati, they had sold out by then

Tried the magic mushrooms again yesterday. First time didn't work so I wasn't confident.

Muched them all and three hours later I'm thinking "**** hell I must be impervious to this shite".

Thirty minutes after that the giggles began.

And carried on for about three hours.

Must say the wife was impressed with my demeanour and wanted to know when I was getting some more :crylaugh:

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Tried the magic mushrooms again yesterday. First time didn't work so I wasn't confident.

Muched them all and three hours later I'm thinking "**** hell I must be impervious to this shite".

Thirty minutes after that the giggles began.

And carried on for about three hours.

Must say the wife was impressed with my demeanour and wanted to know when I was getting some more :crylaugh:

Any other effects? No hallucinations? 

I found they just gave me a nice buzz, but the special thing was listening to music. It was like I could hear - and focus on - each element (instruments and vocals) all at the same time, in incredible detail. 

Â