The 1897 Group: relocate your seat to P9 to create an atmosphere!!

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Saw this on twitter, I’m not involved or anything, but thought I’d share:

Got there just before me. Just to clarify, there will be no extra charge or anything for those fans wishing to join The 1897 Group in block P9 for Bournemouth.

Many VT'ers and supporters from the wider AVFC community have been critical of the atmosphere of late and this is a real opportunity for us to do something about it. As Bournemouth haven't taken the upper tier of what is usually the away end, this opens a section for like-minded Villa fans to get together in one section of Villa Park without displacing other supporters from their seats.

To relocate for Bournemouth at home, enter your name and FAN ID on this Google doc: Aston Villa vs Bournemouth - 1897 Group opportunity

• Like 3

Just an update for those who possess a season ticket and/or individual match ticket for the Bournemouth match on Sunday 21st April 3pm KO and are wanting to help make Villa Park rock:

As I've mentioned earlier in the thread, the 1897 Group are just a banner for like-minded Villa fans regardless of age, gender, ability or disability, nationality, ethnicity, political views, sexual orientation, occupation etc to come together under to help improve the much-maligned (particularly in this thread!) Villa Park atmosphere of late. I'll be honest, I really didn't think it would go anywhere as nothing can be done without the club's permission of course but following a really positive meeting with the club one of our requests - taking advantage of Bournemouth not taking their full ticketing allocation and not having to displace existing ticket holders which isn't right and letting like-minded fans be located together in the same section for a Villa Park match - was granted and initially we have 100 tickets in block P9 of the Doug Ellis upper tier (usually the away section for clubs who take their full allocation) reserved in what is a rail seating/safe standing area. 

The initial take up has been brilliant and initially we thought that just filling out the Google Document with your name and FAN ID would be enough for the club to then re-issue those fans new tickets just for the Bournemouth game, however unfortunately now the club want all fans who want to join the group in block P9 to email the club's supporter liaison officer Lee Preece at lee.preece@avfc.co.uk (preferably from the email account associated with your FAN ID) with your name and FAN ID and an email similar to the following:

"Hi Lee,

I wish to confirm I am a season ticket holder/I have purchased a match ticket (delete where appropriate) and I wish to relocate my ticket to block P9 for the Bournemouth home match to be located with the 1897 Group.

My name is (insert name here)

My FAN ID is (insert FAN ID here)"

You will get an acknowledgement email from Lee in due course with further details and your P9 ticket for the match in due course.

The deadline to submit your relocation email to Lee Preece is Thursday 11th April 5pm

It's vital that as many Villa fans as possible join us for the Bournemouth trial to make it a spectacle and success and get the group recognised, if we were to get past Lille in the UECL QF and draw Fenerbahce in the semi final as Fener fans are currently banned from attending European away matches by UEFA it would represent another great opportunity for the group to pack out the area that would have been occupied by the away support.

For the good of the atmosphere at Villa Park for years to come, please help us if you can!

Final reminder from me - but supporters who already hold a season ticket or a Bournemouth match ticket and who wish to stand/sing/help with flags and banners for the Bournemouth game on Sunday 21st April 3pm KO in a rail seating area (block P9 Upper Doug Ellis) to hopefully have a very positive impact on the VP atmosphere - please email lee.preece@avfc.co.uk BEFORE 5PM TODAY THURSDAY 11TH APRIL preferably from the email account associated with your FAN ID with your name and FAN ID expressing your desire to be relocated as a one off to block P9 to join the 1897 Group for the Bournemouth game.

Hope to see as many VT'ers there as possible, all welcome!

If you've missed the 1897 Group's plans for the Bournemouth game this Sunday (detailed above) then there is still time to join the group to help make Villa Park rock and help get the team over the line by purchasing tickets directly through the club in blocks P9-P11 (our reserved section is in P9) or by relocating your existing season/match ticket to this area of the stadium just for this game.

The more the merrier! 

• Like 1

What an awesome initiative!

Could this serve as a prototype for a way to get all the away fans together at home games? I think that would make VP a formidable place to come in terms of noise. Our away fans are immense, getting them all together in one place would be a catalyst to really get Villa Park rocking.

• Like 2

It is utterly feeble that Fulham, Brentford and now Bourenmouth can't even shift the normal away allocation. I think all 3 games have been 3pm kick-offs and not even televised.   

Though at least it gives the chance for more tickets for home fans.

I presume the club is selling this at the usual ticket price and not the reduced £30 away allocation fee? 

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

It is utterly feeble that Fulham, Brentford and now Bourenmouth can't even shift the normal away allocation. I think all 3 games have been 3pm kick-offs and not even televised.   

I presume the club is selling this at the usual ticket price and not the reduced £30 away allocation fee? 

All 3 have small fanbases and once the novelty factor of the prem wears off teams like that see a big drop off with away support . More money for Villa because they are charging a lot more than 30 quid. 

17 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

fulham have always had small away following. i can't speak for brentford.

bournemouth i know they have issues when taking the larger allocations and making it general sale with home fans being in the away end. it's preferable for them to have a small allocation of actual away fans rather than a full allocation that includes a number of villa fans

19 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's because there are more Man United amd Liverpool fans in Bournemouth than there are Bournemouth fans.

Sad, but that's the case all over the country unfortunately. Glory hunting w******s.

21 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

All 3 have small fanbases and once the novelty factor of the prem wears off teams like that see a big drop off with away support . More money for Villa because they are charging a lot more than 30 quid. 

Yep 50% mark up for seats i picked up

On 17/04/2024 at 16:10, The Fun Factory said:

Yes, although for those that relocated to join The 1897 Group for Bournemouth haven't been charged any uplift if they've relocated from a cheaper area which is fantastic from the club to be honest.

On 17/04/2024 at 14:24, romavillan said:

What an awesome initiative!

Could this serve as a prototype for a way to get all the away fans together at home games? I think that would make VP a formidable place to come in terms of noise. Our away fans are immense, getting them all together in one place would be a catalyst to really get Villa Park rocking.

That's the idea, most of our lot (I had to miss this round out for financial and annual leave protection reasons) are out in Lille and do most aways and anyone joining knows its to sing your lungs out and get behind the team for 90 minutes regardless. If people want to moan about certain players or about not getting it forward quick enough etc then stay where you are! 🤣

• Like 1

Dibu has called on the home fans to bring the noise on Sunday as we'll need to give the exhausted lads a boost to help get them over the line! Join The 1897 Group in blocks P9-P11!

• Like 1

Â