Spotify - an online music service

bickster

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

It isn't CNN, Twitter or the BBC choosing to lower education standards to benefit themselves politically.

I'm not talking about political entities 'no platforming' people. I'm talking only about the media.

Well, that's a wider debate.

Clickbaity/viewership driven media do lower the standards and drive political narrative. 

Once you leave school at 18 and spend the next 30 years getting your knowledge from a media platform, I'd say they have a big role in education. 

But that's off topic a bit.

I'd like Rogan to tell me sky is green.

I'd like to say that's BS based on research.

That's education in its purest form. 

• Like 1

Just now, magnkarl said:

To think that you call what Joe Rogan replies to a nutter as a conversation, is beyond me. Joe Rogan invites people who have his slanted views on vaccines, covid etc and then parrots and agrees with them. There's no 'conversation'. A conversation would be "So "Dr" Malone, you claim to have invented the MRNA vaccines, I see here that you haven't - care to comment?". Instead we get this "weeee, I got someone on who speaks critically about something I agree with, so I just sit here and lap it up and excuse myself with being stupid!".

What you think is a conversation is a 1 hour echo chamber session with a nutjob who endangers people's lives.

I'd try to unpick this mess but, all it says to me is that you haven't listened to one of his podcasts.

1 minute ago, Mister_a said:

All it highlights for me is the current complete lack of long-form debate on any subject, and everything being pushed into simple soundbites is more harmful to us in the long term on every subject.

This concern also makes the assumption Joe Rogan and his format are singlehandedly saving the long-form format; whereas there are lots of other mediums that provide content who don't provide a platform to nutters who provide blatantly untrue information unchallenged.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mister_a said:

I'd try to unpick this mess but, all it says to me is that you haven't listened to one of his podcasts.

Cool, cool. Show me anywhere in the Malone episode where Joe Rogan actually challenges these dangerous views, then. Otherwise, great argument.

4 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

Well if you look at the graph above, a lot of people have decided that they would rather hear long form conversations with experts of all varieties 

And again this is an issue. It's not just a platform, but labelling sky is green types are experts with credence in what they have to say.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

This concern also makes the assumption Joe Rogan and his format are singlehandedly saving the long-form format; whereas there are lots of other mediums that provide content who don't provide a platform to nutters who provide blatantly untrue information unchallenged.

Yep, I listen to those too.

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

Cool, cool. Show me anywhere in the Malone episode where Joe Rogan actually challenges these dangerous views, then. Otherwise, great argument.

I'm sorry, i don't have time to do your homework for you. Why don't you try instead,.

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

To think that you call what Joe Rogan replies to a nutter as a conversation, is beyond me. Joe Rogan invites people who have his slanted views on vaccines, covid etc and then parrots and agrees with them. There's no 'conversation'. 

Now this is misinformation, untruth and manipulation.

He invited people like Sanjay Gupta or Peter Hotez (twice) and a variety of others who are "mainstream".

Why are you spreading fake news?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

... critical thinking...

There it is.

Look how many people with degrees failed the unelectable test at the GE.

Let's not talk about the traitor's Brexit.

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

He invited people like Sanjay Gupta or Peter Hotez (twice) and a variety of others who are "mainstream".

Why do you want to deplatform him? 🥴

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

So inviting and challenging Sanjay Gupta and Peter Hotez changes that he doesn't challenge people like "Dr" Malone? Weird line of thought.

The sky is blue, hence everything is blue. Am I getting it right?

Edited by magnkarl

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

So inviting and challenging Sanjay Gupta and Peter Hotez changes that he doesn't challenge people like "Dr" Malone? Weird line of thought.

No - I just say you are spreading misinformation, and you should be deplatformed. 

Because you know, people read this and have a skewed opinion on what really is happening.

Do you see what the problem with this is?

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

I'm waiting for you to prove that he never challenged Malone before this becomes an argument worth looking at.

Just now, Mic09 said:

No - I just say you are spreading misinformation, and you should be deplatformed. 

Because you know, people read this and have a skewed opinion on what really is happening.

Do you see what the problem with this is?

I don't have a platform of 200 million weekly listeners. Neither am I paid 100 million dollars for it. I wish.

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

I know - it's like when some people call Rogan fascist or say he takes horse medicine. 

As far as I'm aware, no one here called Rogan a Fascist, I (and possibly others) said he entertains and give Fascists a platform, that is entirely different

As for him taking horse medicine, that is from the horses mouth, he himself said he took Invermectim when he had COVID, so I don't see how that's even an issue for anyone

• Like 1

6 hours ago, magnkarl said:

I don't have a platform of 200 million weekly listeners. Neither am I paid 100 million dollars for it. I wish.

Edited, not a nice comment on reflection. Soz.

Edited by Mister_a

Â