Most overrated Manager in the Premier League right now?

T-Dog

Most overrated manager in the EPL right now?   

106 members have voted

1. 1. Interested on people's opinions, who do you think is the most overrated manager in the EPL right now? (and why, if you fancy giving extra detail)

• Klopp
    • Pep
    • Arteta
    • Unai "Messiah" Emery (behave yourself)
    • Big Ange
    • Erik ten Hag
    • Moyes
    • Eddie Howe
    • De Zerbi
    • O' Neill
    • Poch
    • Marco Silva
    • Andoni Iraola
    • Oliver Glasner but I'll also allow Roy, given the situation
    • Thomas Frank
    • Sean Dyche
    • Nuno
    • Rob Edwards
    • Vincent Kompany
    • Chris Wilder

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/24 at 10:51

De Zerbi for me. Just edges Poch. 

Not his fault, but he was hyped up something stupid earlier this season. 

• Like 1

I genuinely think Poch is a decent manager, trying to find success with a bunch farmers and the new Howard Hughes in charge. 

8 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I genuinely think Poch is a decent manager, trying to find success with a bunch farmers and the new Howard Hughes in charge. 

He's a decent manager but he's not a top table manager imo 

He'll no doubt carry on the blag and get the utd job or something in the future 

I think what he did with spurs is his level, top 10 team turned in to a top 4 team but never winning the league

I couldn't help but went for Pep.

Spends billions on talented players, probably more players have gone backwards then those who held to their standard under his tenure. The narratives of him improving players is a complete myth. 

We will never find out how he would be like if there is no resource available. But my gut feel is that he would be similar to a Tony Adam, or an ex Liverpool player. He will ask league two standard players to play in unfamiliar positions, pinging 60 yard passes etc, and hope for that moment of magic. Not one that would be able to maximise output

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Spends billions on talented players, probably more players have gone backwards then those who held to their standard under his tenure. The narratives of him improving players is a complete myth. 

We will never find out how he would be like if there is no resource available. But my gut feel is that he would be similar to a Tony Adam, or an ex Liverpool player. He will ask league two standard players to play in unfamiliar positions, pinging 60 yard passes etc, and hope for that moment of magic. Not one that would be able to maximise output

That's a mad take but cool.

If a manager wins everything they can't be overrated by definition. 

• Like 2

Ange for me.

The amount of positive press he gets for a guy who’s won 2x Scottish titles in a one team league,  1x A-League and 1x J-League title, does not add up.

‘Angeball’ is not a new fangled philosophy, it’s just a normal football played at 1.5x speed until the players break, and there is no Plan B. 

But all he has to do is call everyone ‘mate’ and they are eating out of the palm of his hand.

I am aware that this could come back to bite me on Sunday, so I apologise now…..

9 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

That's a mad take but cool.

If a manager wins everything they can't be overrated by definition. 

If a a manager is handed everything and never had a challenge he is

He is Football Manager on cheat mode no pun intended. Even his toughest challenge of a "failing" Barcelona was inspired by generational talents

De Zerbi for me. By an absolute mile. 

He’s getting linked with every big job going, while Brighton are getting routinely pumped 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

This is **** mental 😂😂😂

• Like 2

Poch because he's proven it for longer but Kompany will catch up to him I'm pretty sure.

Chris Wilder isn't overrated so doesn't make the list.

27 minutes ago, Jenko#4 said:

Ange for me.

The amount of positive press he gets for a guy who’s won 2x Scottish titles in a one team league,  1x A-League and 1x J-League title, does not add up.

‘Angeball’ is not a new fangled philosophy, it’s just a normal football played at 1.5x speed until the players break, and there is no Plan B. 

But all he has to do is call everyone ‘mate’ and they are eating out of the palm of his hand.

I am aware that this could come back to bite me on Sunday, so I apologise now…..

Fair dinkum mate. 

32 minutes ago, Jenko#4 said:

Ange for me.

He also managed Australia when we won the Asian cup in 2015, also without looking deeper into the story you miss the influence he has had on every single club he has been at...

You don't have to like him but to think he is the most overrated gaffer on that list is a misguided opinion...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He also managed Australia when we won the Asian cup in 2015, also without looking deeper into the story you miss the influence he has had on every single club he has been at...

You don't have to like him but to think he is the most overrated gaffer on that list is a misguided opinion...

I actually do like him, and he isn’t a bad manager by any stretch, but you cannot deny that the media love-in and praise he receives is far, far beyond what managers with similar trophy histories receive (Unai or Roy Hodgson, for example) and that is the definition of over rated in my book.  

• Like 1

Just now, Jenko#4 said:

I actually do like him, and he isn’t a bad manager by any stretch, but you cannot deny that the media love-in and praise he receives is far, far beyond what managers with similar trophy histories receive (Unai or Roy Hodgson, for example) and that is the definition of over rated in my book.  

Fair points made there and I have to agree with you from the perspective that he probably gets too much media attention for doing a decent job, Gary O'Neil is doing far more impressive job with Wolves for example.

I think it being the season Harry Kane left is probably influencing that, which is out of his control.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Kompany, Poch and Pep

Who did you vote for? Kompany only has one vote, which I know to be mine. I was feeling very confident I would be joining you. 

Â