Most overrated Manager in the Premier League right now?

T-Dog

Most overrated manager in the EPL right now?   

106 members have voted

1. 1. Interested on people's opinions, who do you think is the most overrated manager in the EPL right now? (and why, if you fancy giving extra detail)

• Klopp
    • Pep
    • Arteta
    • Unai "Messiah" Emery (behave yourself)
    • Big Ange
    • Erik ten Hag
    • Moyes
    • Eddie Howe
    • De Zerbi
    • O' Neill
    • Poch
    • Marco Silva
    • Andoni Iraola
    • Oliver Glasner but I'll also allow Roy, given the situation
    • Thomas Frank
    • Sean Dyche
    • Nuno
    • Rob Edwards
    • Vincent Kompany
    • Chris Wilder

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/24 at 10:51

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

OK - I guess I'd say he's not overrated in the slightest.  He's rated pretty much exactly where he should be; even if that's annoying.

So you think he's one of the best managers in the world then? Because that's basically what the media make him out to be.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

So you think he's one of the best managers in the world then? Because that's basically what the media make him out to be.

I don't - but, then, not one media interview or any piece that I've read which may have mentioned him has ever said he's one of the best managers in the World.  Please do enlighten me though!

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't - but, then, not one media interview or any piece that I've read which may have mentioned him has ever said he's one of the best managers in the World.  Please do enlighten me though!

I mean, you only have to look at the general hype around them from the media literally from the first couple of games.

50 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Here's the thing: not once did I say I don't think he's done a good job - he has. The media have just been hyping him to an insane degree.

It's just a London thing really, same if he would be doing it at West Ham.

If he was doing all this at Everton wouldn't be half as much coverage.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's just a London thing really, same if he would be doing it at West Ham.

If he was doing all this at Everton wouldn't be half as much coverage.

I don't think that's fair.  He's come off the back of having success in every single job and being known to play attacking football.  Having that actually translate to the Premier League is a good thing; not a London thing.

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

I mean, you only have to look at the general hype around them from the media literally from the first couple of games.

Sort of . . . there was a lot of hype early on, but it's because they were top of the league and won all their games. As they had a slump the hype largely disappeared, and hasn't really come back yet (although I'm sure there will be plenty of commentary on how he out-thought Emery today, which will be annoying, mostly because it's true). 

When it comes to Big Ange - it depends where you are from.

Down here, it's the only thing we see or hear in the mainstream media - because he's an Aussie, mate!

Ditto:

• Daniel Riccardo
  • Oscar Piastri
  • Nick Kyrgios
  • Sam Kerr

etc, etc

To me managers can have fanboys in the media/online for different reasons but being over rated is when it's shoved down your throat.

Internationally Southgate for getting the players to get on for instance great job.  Tactics and anything else on the pitch questionable at least but he gets a free pass and lorded so definitely over rated.

For the Prem its probably anyone linked with top jobs like De Zerbi ok they can be great but it's not consistent so why would it translate to Liverpool or whoever challenging for 4 trophies a season.

So even though I think he has done a good job that is over hyping.

The other way those that don't get enough credit I would go for Rob Edwards.  Pound for Pound punching above his weight competitive in each game. They will probably go down but he deserves a lot of credit.

Maybe not overrated as such but Kompany has done a poor job this season. Or if you are being kind he hasn't been given enough advise and guidance.

They walked the championship last season and he hasn't really changed the system despite the massive jump up in quality. 

It was going to be a tough season for them but they gave failed miserably. Shef Utd have terrible owners but the set up at Burnley is decent.

Dyche gave them crap football but did make them a fairly solid lower table prem side for a good few years.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 08/03/2024 at 20:35, Stevo985 said:

De Zerbi for me. By an absolute mile. 

He’s getting linked with every big job going, while Brighton are getting routinely pumped 

👀👀👀

Â