Ratings & Reactions: Fulham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/02/24 at 23:59

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I know my love of " Football Spirit"  in a player, gets teased and challenged.....but I simply love to see it in a player....I loved the same from Cropley and Gray, even Peter Withe.

John has it, and has emerged from a long list of players, who had it, before him.

I will never change Sheepy, I just love a trier.

Absofeckingloutly!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

The more I think about that penalty incident the more I get mad. It is such a clear and obvious error that I can't believe that any reasonable person would decide otherwise... especially TWO 'trained' officials. It's incredibly negligent at best and they should face disciplinary action.

I would love to know, why? it wasn't given.

too many of these decisions, are just dismissed, without redress....I am tired of seeing these sort of things, passed over as, incompetence.

You simply can't go through, all that training, and dismiss that as legal. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He really is top drawer.....I still don't know, how we got him.

He stands out like a thoroughbred.

His calm and composure, is staggering.....another Beckenbaur.

49 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Adama traore versus emi Martinez is the least nervous I've ever been for a one-on-one 🤣

To be fair I'd feel the same if it was Adama Traore vs Olsen i'd be confident. Speed but nothing else.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

He really is top drawer.....I still don't know, how we got him.

He stands out like a thoroughbred.

His calm and composure, is staggering.....another Beckenbaur.

We’ve missed him dearly… just seen… in his last 3 starts… we beat Brentford, Arsenal and Man City… crucial… makes us tick.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Again, they drew the lines with Moreno's shoulder/shoulder blade, you can see the dotted lines, Bailey had nothing to do with it.

Agreed, that was an absolute piss tale, what did Bailey's foot have to do with anything. Ridiculous officiating, denied a goal and a penalty 

12 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The more I think about that penalty incident the more I get mad. It is such a clear and obvious error that I can't believe that any reasonable person would decide otherwise... especially TWO 'trained' officials. It's incredibly negligent at best and they should face disciplinary action.

The commentary I was listening to said maybe they allowed it because the ref is a rookie, quite a theory, but if that sort of things does happen then VAR needs some serious looking in to.

• Like 1

Villa weren't great but controlled the game from start to finish, despite my doubts at times.

I'd like to see the incident which I thought was a penalty, again, because I don't think the defender played the ball.

I couldn't see how Moreno or Bailey was interfering with play, but VAR is obviously there to reduce the number of goals, to keep them at a premium, while managing the outcome to suit the richer clubs.

Watkins took his goals well but despite having a patchy game, Tielemans' assist for the second was quality.

Torres was superb and a constant concern for Fulham - I am sure if he played for a Yorkshire team they would call him T'Pau!

Edited by MakemineVanilla

14 minutes ago, supermon said:

The commentary I was listening to said maybe they allowed it because the ref is a rookie, quite a theory, but if that sort of things does happen then VAR needs some serious looking in to.

Mike Dean has admitted it previously, it definately does happen, but reckons it was a one off. Coughs......Bullshit!

Great to get back to winning ways. This continues our season record that on the occasions we have lost a premier league game we have always come straight back and won the next one. Let’s hope we don’t put that record too much to the test over the rest of the season.

Good (for very different reasons in each case) to see Torres and Tielemans getting starts and Tielemans’s assist for the second was superb - Emery ball at its best. Also of course great to see Ollie back in scoring form.

There was a helpful (for us) set of results for the teams scrambling up the ladder behind us.

All in all lots to be happy about, might even overlook the shite refereeing.

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would love to know, why? it wasn't given.

too many of these decisions, are just dismissed, without redress....I am tired of seeing these sort of things, passed over as, incompetence.

You simply can't go through, all that training, and dismiss that as legal. 

Without accountability then these things will keep happening. I could understand it if it was a difficult, borderline call, but this was as clear as day. Incompetence suggests they don't have the ability to do the job. This decision was not about ability... it was about knowing something is wrong and making a conscious decision to ignore it. It's gross negligence and in most jobs you would get sacked for it.

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1