Opposition (Away fans) in the home ends

Pongo Waring

So many Man United fans sitting in the Villa home ends yesterday. 
Did anyone else notice this?
Do you think its right or wrong?~
Does it bother you?

Club really needs to be checking match history before letting anyone buy membership and book tickets.

Edited by Pongo Waring

8 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

So many Man United fans sitting in the Villa home ends yesterday. 
Did anyone else notice this?
Do you think its right or wrong?~
Does it bother you?

Club really needs to be checking match history before letting anyone buy membership and book tickets.

This happens every year mate. People pass on their booking references to brummie red mates.

• Like 1

It’s always been the same with them, right back to the eighties in my memory. Presumably they were known to be away fans because they made it obvious. Most supporters of away teams in the home stands, watch the game and shut up, but not this lot and it’s not restricted to Villa Park.

3 hours ago, trevor said:

It’s always been the same with them, right back to the eighties in my memory. Presumably they were known to be away fans because they made it obvious. Most supporters of away teams in the home stands, watch the game and shut up, but not this lot and it’s not restricted to Villa Park.

Would administering a bloody good hiding be considered to be too 70s/80s now? 

• Like 2

No matter how hard I try, I can never understand glory hunting or the pathetic justifications you hear from them.

• Thanks 1

On 12/02/2024 at 13:22, DaveAV1 said:

I agree , anyone that celebrates or lets it be known to be a United fan should be liable to get a smack. With clubs like United and Liverpool you get them at most grounds in the home end .

Edited by Rugeley Villa

a couple in the upper holte near me got kicked out after the 2nd goal. as others have said, watch the game, keep your mouth shut then i've got no problem with it. if they're paying for the uber expensive terrace view or lower grounds then even better...more money for the club

Sit in P2, but for many years sat in P5 and it was always littered with them, I'm a sado that I like to monitor home ticket sales and how quickly they go, Arsenal, Liverpool, United, not so much Chelsea literally fly and a few at most make it to booking history only

All the other teams, including Man City plenty make it to booking history only with plenty of availability in Upper Doug & Trinity 

I would like to think its a case of many of our own fancying it, but like others have said its blatantly other fans buying up tickets. Over the years with how relaxed it is in the Upper Doug, even when fans make themselves known most just turn a blind eye, the one year I mentioned to a steward about a United fan celebrating a goal he had a word and came back and said the fan in question was showing his frustration they had conceded.  I guess (understandably) for what stewards get paid they don't want the agro, but it is frustrating.

I don't know how you stop it though, I read a post the other week that 2 United fans had paid 3K each to be in the away end at Newport, if people are willing to part with that sort of cash £68 in the middle of the Doug and what a £40 membership isn't going to deter

On 12/02/2024 at 13:22, DaveAV1 said:

no, it should be a repeat of when they came in the bottom right of the Holte in 1978. They did not bother again after that

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Thanks 1

Done this a couple of times t'other way, notably the Reading cup game comeback (tough to keep a lid on that one!) and at the pasting we got from Southampton on our way out the league (having to stay behind and "applaud" the home team's lap of honour was brutal).  You sit the **** down, shut the **** up and react appropriately when needed.

• Like 1

Can't say much as I've been down plenty of times to Arsenal to watch us from the home end (My Mum supports them) Also when I went to Uni at Stoke I watched us play there from the home bit by the away fans and the tunnel.

When we've scored though I've been well aware just to do a quiet fist bump in my coat pocket rather than leapt up and make a complete scene of myself (was very hard not to do it when Lowton scored that amazing goal at Stoke but at least was right infront of me so I got a great view!)

Don't understand the mentality of those who don't grasp that etiquette. They obviously do it at other grounds or been in home ends in previous seasons at VP so strikes me as simply arrogant to celebrate and think hardly anyone will notice or care especially if it's a late goal like Sunday.

I would say though it was more lawless 20 years ago. Used to sit in the North Stand upper in the middle and literally whole rows would celebrate if an away team with a decent following scored. Were loads of SHA fans in the North Stand upper for 03/03/03 and predictably there was carnage when those goals went in.

Over the years been in the home end vs Villa, at the top of my head, at Leeds (multiple times including a win with Southgate scoring), QPR, Reading (multiple times), Fulham (multiple times) , Arsenal and Portsmouth (multiple times).

As long as you are sensible and don't start celebrating when your team scores then it is OK. Obviously at Villa Park if you have Man U fans jumping up when they score then that is going to far!

• Like 1

On 15/02/2024 at 09:52, villa89 said:

If that's true that's insane.

True but putting it in context that’ll probably the only game they ever go to and probably weren’t sure which team they we supporting anyway and probably went home disappointed because Becham wasn’t playing and Posh wasn’t even there signing autographs!

Â