Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, Awol said:

*sneaks into transfer thread*

Joao Felix? 

*runs away*

Please continue, the torch hasn't lit up yet.

Oh, and please no Foyth or Ferran Torres comments this window.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Daulmakan said:

Too late. Saw some Ferran Torres comments a couple days ago.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Daulmakan said:

That’s the Foyth time I’ve heard it.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I think Villa is going to be shopping in the Free transfer market this summer supplemented with some low priced “wantaways” and high potential youngsters 

maybe 1 or 2 marquee signings if we got/get the budget

Find it strange people are doubting the budget available with the owners Villa have. If you mean FFP then rules are going to be changed. As one Villa mate said to me Villa are going to be shopping in Harrods this summer! Increased revenue from finish in Premier League, CL qualification, loans going back and player sales.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Too late. Saw some Ferran Torres comments a couple days ago.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Barcelona fans always say everyone is terrible

Don't care what those wallies say about anything.

I don't think Luiz will leave because I don't think there is a market for him. Who is looking for the creative 6/8 who can afford to pay 80m+ and wouldn't be going for Guimaraes who is slightly the better player and at a club who needs to sell probably one top player.

The interesting thing with Luiz is if he signs a new contract or not. This summer / autumn is when we should be offering him one. 

I still think of we need a sale Ramsey is less key to us than Luiz. Take the Villa fan emotion out of it like Emery and Monchi will and that's the player. Cash is another who could bring in a decent fee too £20m+ 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I don't think Luiz will leave because I don't think there is a market for him. Who is looking for the creative 6/8 who can afford to pay 80m+ and wouldn't be going for Guimaraes who is slightly the better player and at a club who needs to sell probably one top player.

The interesting thing with Luiz is if he signs a new contract or not. This summer / autumn is when we should be offering him one. 

I still think of we need a sale Ramsey is less key to us than Luiz. Take the Villa fan emotion out of it like Emery and Monchi will and that's the player. Cash is another who could bring in a decent fee too £20m+ 

Surely we need Ramsey for the homegrown quota for Europe ? Also who’s paying what’s he’s worth to us after being injured for so long . I’d sell Buendia if we can and also consider selling Moreno. I’d keep Cash for another season as backup unless KKH is considered good enough but can see him going to someone like Southampton if they get promoted for £8-10mill with a buy back clause the club favour. 

Apparently Barkley to join us odds are 8/11 . I know nothing about betting... But according to Misha on FB ( Very in depth and contributory fan ) these are very good odds?

Apparently for Luton... He was actually playing like a Deep Lying Playmaker somewhat? Collecting the ball and driving forward.

I think the Luton " humbling " may have done us some good.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently Barkley to join us odds are 8/11 . I know nothing about betting... But according to Misha on FB ( Very in depth and contributory fan ) these are very good odds?

Apparently for Luton... He was actually playing like a Deep Lying Playmaker somewhat? Collecting the ball and driving forward.

I think the Luton " humbling " may have done us some good.

That’s odds on and normally suggests it’s close to happening.  Very surprised by that if true. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s odds on and normally suggests it’s close to happening.  Very surprised by that if true. 

Surely not….

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

With transfers not so much. Someone puts on say 200 quid that he is going to move to Villa and the odds change hugely . Its when it gets 1/10 that it will be concrete i would say 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

With transfers not so much. Someone puts on say 200 quid that he is going to move to Villa and the odds change hugely . Its when it gets 1/10 that it will be concrete i would say 

Fair point. the odds still seems a bit odd

Posted (edited)

Re Barkley, who’s 31 in December.  He’s played 32 times this season, so has obviously kept himself in shape and has played very well by all accounts. Would it be such a bad signing if he takes a midfield place in the squad whilst Kamara recovers?  Was he on a one year deal at Luton?  So free transfer?

Could be total nonsense this story though and does seem an unlikely one.

Edited by ferguson1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

That said. I can imagine Emery really really liking him. He has played alot like Thiago played for Liverpool last season. A very coninental type of baller rsther than blood and thunder.  If we have to be clever in the market then this would be a clever move on a 2 yr deal. Monchi isnt here to make 2 transfers a season. He is here to play Rubiks cube.  Making moves that seem wierd but when completed you can see why .

If we have Kamara Barkley Luiz Tielemans and McGinn able to play double pivot i would be v happy.  That is a siht load of talent  to pay 17.5 million for !!!

Edited by MWARLEY2

On a free with reasonable wages I’m not gunna be fussed either way if they decide for depth and quota’s to sign Barkley. He tailed off with us but was key to the mauling of the bin dippers - Seems to have regained his love of football but very much doubt there is anything in it 

Â