Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

If we can move on the players we don't need this summer, Dendonker, Chambers, Hause, Coutinho, Sanson already gone. Digne we'd need to be getting around £10m for to break even on his remaining book value. It would be very good getting the squad to a set of players Emery wants and is happy with using. It also lowers our costs.

Players that we really should try to get rid of

Olsen, Chambers, Coutinho, Hause, Sanson (already done), Dendoncker

I doubt we will sign lenglet or zaniolo so that is more wages gone.

Players we should maybe consider selling if good fees come in

Moreno, Digne, Cash, Carlos, Duran

Everyone else I would like us to keep.

Priorities to sign 

Lenglet replacement (Hermoso seems perfect), new DM (backup to kamara or play along side him sometimes)

Outside of those positions I feel like it depends on who we sell. With Buendia, Ramsey, Rogers  able to play on the left side I don't think zaniolo replacement will be of high priority. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Ugarte int happening nor should it.  Forget the fee, he went to psg because of crazy wage they offered.  We won’t be paying those

I don't think he is on ridiculous wages.  Google seems to think it's less than £100k a week.  Hermoso seems to be on a lot more than that and seems like will probably be joining us.

• Like 1

I don't think we will going for a DM as high profile as Ugarte anyway, does even the likes of Arsenal, Mancheste City and so on have two DMs of the quality of Kamara and Ugarte, would be very hard to keep both happy when both fit

New DM will likely be someone who is good enough come in whilst Kamara is injured but happy to be a rotational player when Kamara is fit, maybe a DM that can also play as box-to-box midfielder would make sense, Youssouf Fofana could be a good option perhaps, is a box-to-box it seems, but also has a lot of experience as a DM too

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I think our strongest midfield without signing anyone is Kamara, Luiz, McGinn, Tielemans and Bailey behind Watkins. That midfield started in our best wins this season against Arsenal and city. Ramsey doesn’t make our strongest team currently, although if he performs next season he can win his place back absolutely. Probably from McGinn or Tielemans. Rogers, Ramsey, Buendia and Diaby is a strong bench but I feel we could add one more in there like Baena or Williams. 

I’m mostly concerned about defence. You’d have Martinez, Konsa and Pau in there (although even Konsa and Pau are suspect defensively), but both full back positions are up for grabs so signings here are welcome. If we sign Hermoso (good player but doesn’t bring down the age of the defence much) we have to go for an attacking right back. Mings can also cover left back, or Pau. 

Obviously we need a holding midfielder without Kamara, this much is obvious. I hope we get this sorted relatively quickly.

See that's the thing clearly it's not attack we need. We will have 4 players for 3 positions on the bench. Bring in 2 CMs 1 a primary DM another who can play there but is primarily B2B.

Bring in a RB and LB/CB in hermoso and that's a really good window. Then we can look at strengthening the 3 behind watkins. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think we will going for a DM as high profile as Ugarte anyway, does even the likes of Arsenal, Mancheste City and so on have two DMs of the quality of Kamara and Ugarte, would be very hard to keep both happy when both fit

New DM will likely be someone who is good enough come in whilst Kamara is injured but happy to be a rotational player when Kamara is fit, maybe a DM that can also play as box-to-box midfielder would make sense, Youssouf Fofana could be a good option perhaps, is a box-to-box it seems, but also has a lot of experience as a DM too

You seem to be up to speed with youth football, what do you make of Hayden Hackney at Boro as a back up DM / Unai development project? 

My concern is that Kamara could miss the entire CL group stage and we can’t (imo) go through that and get anywhere without a very decent DM, even if that’s a loan player. 

From what I've seen of Hackney he looks more of a Luiz type midfielder, he has some defensive qualities, but his main thing I think is his ability on the ball and passing, I remember seeing him play a lot of quality through balls to Archer when he was at MIddlesbrough. Could perhaps be a good signing, but I'm not sure as Kamara back-up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Players that we really should try to get rid of

Olsen, Chambers, Coutinho, Hause, Sanson (already done), Dendoncker

I doubt we will sign lenglet or zaniolo so that is more wages gone.

Players we should maybe consider selling if good fees come in

Moreno, Digne, Cash, Carlos, Duran

Everyone else I would like us to keep.

Priorities to sign 

Lenglet replacement (Hermoso seems perfect), new DM (backup to kamara or play along side him sometimes)

Outside of those positions I feel like it depends on who we sell. With Buendia, Ramsey, Rogers  able to play on the left side I don't think zaniolo replacement will be of high priority. 

Speak for yourself.

38 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't see why we wouldn't especially if it's a loan. I'd say City and Arsenal do in Rodri and Kovacic and Rice and Partey.

45 minutes ago, useless said:

Whether we can afford a second top quality DM or not is one thing but Kamara is not going to be up to speed until late October maybe even November, we’re going to need a player of similar standard, then hopefully they will both have loads of games to play over the rest of the season.  Defensively we have looked very shaky since Kamara got injured.

• Like 2

That rather makes my point for me, as both Kovacic and Partey can play in more than position than just DM, whereas I think Ugarte is pretty much exclusively a DM, also Kovacic is thirty now, so more likely to be happy as a back-up than would be the much younger Ugarte, especially at a club like City. But who knows maybe we could find room for both Kamara and Ugarte, that's if we're even interested

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Barca need to sell players before June so wondering if we'll try pick anyone up from them. Ferran Torres maybe?

Could make a lot of sense. If Duran is to go then Torres could be a back up to Ollie, play as a second striker or on either wing. Multi purpose players going to crucial in a long campaign. He's on massive wages though I seem to remember so would need to be a very low fee or a loan. 

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Barca need to sell players before June so wondering if we'll try pick anyone up from them. Ferran Torres maybe?

We were linked with him before and seemed like Barca were looking rid of him, but he dug his heels in and stayed.  Maybe us in the CL now might change his mind, but it's looking like Barca will be getting a new manager, so he might want to hang about.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We were linked with him before and seemed like Barca were looking rid of him, but he dug his heels in and stayed.  Maybe us in the CL now might change his mind, but it's looking like Barca will be getting a new manager, so he might want to hang about.

I don’t think we can afford him and Baena (unless Duran leaves) unfortunately, but he’s done well again this season with limited playing time. Would really like him here as LW and cover for Ollie if needed. 

42 minutes ago, useless said:

That rather makes my point for me, as both Kovacic and Partey can play in more than position than just DM, whereas I think Ugarte is pretty much exclusively a DM, also Kovacic is thirty now, so more likely to be happy as a back-up than would be the much younger Ugarte, especially at a club like City. But who knows maybe we could find room for both Kamara and Ugarte, that's if we're even interested

I reckon the answer here is in your previous posts. Ugarte* in the 6 role and Kamara playing more like Rice does at Arsenal. 

*Accept that there’s no indication we are after him this summer. 

• Like 1

Â