Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Thought we'd be after him, strange we are not linked with a right back so far, Dumfries technically but he seemed to reject us outright ala Smith Rowe. 

1 hour ago, Alakagom said:

Thought we'd be after him, strange we are not linked with a right back so far, Dumfries technically but he seemed to reject us outright ala Smith Rowe. 

I don’t remember seeing him play, his data doesn’t look terrible.

I kind of want a sure thing at right back though

29 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Don't worry, he let's anybody finger him after a few sherries.

• Haha 4

Ugarte on loan is a great shout. Danilo from there is out of contract this summer so that could be an option or if he stays on, could push Ugarte out even more.

I was reading an article that predicted this summer would see more frugal spending like the last window. However they stated that after every Euros/WC a few players earn themselves big moves which has a domino effect so teams like PSG with big squads will need to balance the books (a little) by offloading some players on loan. 

50 minutes ago, paul514 said:

What about that Dalot?

• Haha 4

I think Emery and Monchi have a record of using loan market well and on a consistent basis. We had two loan signings this season who played a lot of minutes between them. It'll be interesting to see where we add this term on Loan.

I do think with Kamara out injured we'll look to get a Loan in there and ideally an experienced head. We could get another CB in if we allow Carlos to leave. 

I think the outgoings are key. Who will we sell and how much can we get. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think Emery and Monchi have a record of using loan market well and on a consistent basis. We had two loan signings this season who played a lot of minutes between them. It'll be interesting to see where we add this term on Loan.

I do think with Kamara out injured we'll look to get a Loan in there and ideally an experienced head. We could get another CB in if we allow Carlos to leave. 

I think the outgoings are key. Who will we sell and how much can we get. 

Agree. Would love Ugarte - he looks like what a CDM should in my book.

I also think it's vital to see who can make the step up from the U23s. 
The likes of Bogarde, Swinkels, Chrisene, Barry, Richards, Revan, Rowe and O'Reilly are all 20 now, so we should start to expect them to step up now.

But Tim and Duran are also 20, and people are already starting to write them off!

And given Sinisalo's performances at Exeter, and the signing of Gauci - is it finally time to cash in on Olsen 😉

Coufal is leaving West Ham this summer as wont sign a new deal. 7 assists this season, Europe and Premier League experience and used to regularly kick Grealish about the pitch.

Type of shrewd signing Monchi would be interested in and is not on big wages at West Ham

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Coufal is leaving West Ham this summer as wont sign a new deal. 7 assists this season, Europe and Premier League experience and used to regularly kick Grealish about the pitch.

Type of shrewd signing Monchi would be interested in and is not on big wages at West Ham

He's on big enough wages already and looking for a retirement contract.

It's a no from me.

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's on big enough wages already and looking for a retirement contract.

It's a no from me.

Is on 35k a week apparently at West Ham

1 hour ago, Pez1974 said:

The likes of Bogarde, Swinkels, Chrisene, Barry, Richards, Revan, Rowe and O'Reilly are all 20 now, so we should start to expect them to step up now.

But Tim and Duran are also 20, and people are already starting to write them off!

And given Sinisalo's performances at Exeter, and the signing of Gauci - is it finally time to cash in on Olsen 😉

Kids will get a chance if they are good enough….. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Is on 35k a week apparently at West Ham

but the reason he isnt staying, apparently, is that he wants his next contract to be a bumper retirement contract, and West Ham arent willing to pay it, so he is unhappy and said he is off.

i think.

1 hour ago, Pez1974 said:

by cash in, do you actually mean a free transfer?

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

West Ham hold a 1 year option to extend. So he won't be leaving for free. Also not what we need for RB doesn't carry the ball forward, is more like a stand and deliver crosses FB

Â