Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I've always liked Joachim Anderson and he's just put in a sensational performance at Anfield, one of the best I've seen from a CB all season.

Think he has two years left and think he can play both sides so that's the sort of useful signing where we could switch more to a back 3 next season if required.

Yes, very impressive performance. 

7 hours ago, HolteExile said:

Unless there's a clause, Palace or the likes of Fulham won't be selling their best players to us. 

They will if the players aren't signing new contracts.

7 hours ago, HolteExile said:

For the fees we'd have to go to for Anderson, Eze or whatever it would be eyewatering in the extreme and limit what else we could do. 

Agree it'll be very expensive.

We won't be signing Eze or Olise. Andersen is an interesting name though, that's possible IMO.

We won't be overpaying for PL players like Eze or Olise, as good as they are we can't afford to blow our budget on them.  We'll be signing players of similar ability for far cheaper from abroad, and will only pay big money for real elite talent.

Edited by duke313

19 hours ago, duke313 said:

I’d be shocked if we’re not in for him.

Same, be a very good midfield option

my personal opinion, subject to CL qualification, you will see us in the free agent market.......... Hermoso 

I think youll see one / maybe 2 decent cost pickups, but not eyewatering - ie: Lo Celso, 

And one big hitter ie: Nico Williams, Joao Felix etc.......

ant the usual "out of nowhere" signing that we always make........ 

I personally think a couple of really good pickups to be had in the championship as well ie: Summerville, Rowe, Ruben Colwill

18 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

my personal opinion, subject to CL qualification, you will see us in the free agent market.......... Hermoso 

I think youll see one / maybe 2 decent cost pickups, but not eyewatering - ie: Lo Celso, 

I personally think a couple of really good pickups to be had in the championship as well ie: Summerville, Rowe, Ruben Colwill

We won't have enough ffp headroom for all these purchases you listed (unless we sell some of our prized assets that is).

Edited by Czarnikjak

19 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

I think Nico Williams can surely get a bigger contract and move elsewhere at the "Super" Clubs. 

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

They will if the players aren't signing new contracts.

Agree it'll be very expensive.

We won't be signing Eze or Olise. Andersen is an interesting name though, that's possible IMO.

Eze and especially Olise seemed to have missed a good chunk injured over the last few seasons. Good players but I'd be wary of spending big money on them.

Andersen is one of those players who seems to get rave reviews but I'm never that impressed with him versus Villa.

12 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

We won't have enough ffp headroom for all these purchases you listed (unless we sell some of our prized assets that is).

Aren't the PL clubs voting on removing FFP from next season?

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Aren't the PL clubs voting on removing FFP from next season?

No. It's getting tightened with new squad control rules, but current regulations will still apply next season.

9 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

No. It's getting tightened with new squad control rules, but current regulations will still apply next season.

The PL is in discussions about abolishing PSR rules and introducing a "luxury tax" which would allow clubs to spend what they want if the pay a "tax".  If it's passed, it could be intorduced as early as next season.

I still think Gallagher would be a good pick up (yeh yeh, I know, cost). Think he's played every game this season and he'd be great competition in so many positions. 

Won't happen I know. 

Obviously fine to look at a transfer window, but we've just beaten Arsenal 2-0 away from home and are still to bring back:

Tyrone Mings
Emi Buendia
Jacob Ramsey
Boubacar Kamara
Matty Cash

as well as having Douglas Luiz return from suspension.  Even if you assume they're all simply squad players, that's 5 "new signings" compared to where we are right now.

• Like 2

No disrspect to them but we need to work on the basis that Lille would be one of the weaker standard of teams if we qualified for the CL....and we were pretty evenly matched last week. Need to plan for that. 

I think RB is our clear priority. Cash becomes backup. Squad would be v healthy then.

After that just avoiding as many injuries would strengthen us. Plus replacing anyone we sell.

Edited by the_sun_never_sets
Typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Is there any chance of us getting Frimpong?

Even if we could, he doesn't fit the current personnel well enough for me

7 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Even if we could, he doesn't fit the current personnel well enough for me

He's basically a right winger, we need a more traditional RB/CB for that role.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

We won't be overpaying for PL players like Eze or Olise, as good as they are we can't afford to blow our budget on them.  We'll be signing players of similar ability for far cheaper from abroad, and will only pay big money for real elite talent.

Said it again and again, but we didn’t recruit Monchi to scout the league. Signing the likes of our Serbian right back Kosta out of the blue is the model we will follow. 

The only variable for PL talent is if Unai wants them or no. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

Â