Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Watching the Burnley second half  and Fofana really impressed me as the CF. Good runs and he's scored a few for them so far.

Not going to get a look in at Chelsea so we could do worse this summer given his age and experience already.

For those that are worried by us losing players in the summer.....I hope their scouts, have been at our recent home games.

We will have no worries.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/03/2024 at 16:32, VillaChris said:

Watching the Burnley second half  and Fofana really impressed me as the CF. Good runs and he's scored a few for them so far.

Not going to get a look in at Chelsea so we could do worse this summer given his age and experience already.

I was an advocate for us signing him before Chelsea nabbed him. Him and Lesley Ugochukwu. I think Fofana has something about him but I'd like us t take a look at Karim Konate at Salzburg if we're after a young forward/striker.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, burchy said:

I was an advocate for us signing him before Chelsea nabbed him. Him and Lesley Ugochukwu. I think Fofana has something about him but I'd like us t take a look at Karim Konate at Salzburg if we're after a young forward/striker.

He could be the next Drogba, but I’d prefer we didn’t help Chelsea with their FFP.

• Like 1

I wonder if, with our FFP situation we'll look to bring in mouldable younger players that will cost less but with Emery's coaching ability be made into star players. If we kept our core senior players it could work.  There are plenty of potential gems out there that are ripe for the picking. That kid at Hull looks good (you see what I did there)

• Like 1

Francisco Conceicao who’s playing for Porto on loan from Ajax looks a player. Plus I enjoy saying Conceicao. Makes sense to sign him. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, burchy said:

I wonder if, with our FFP situation we'll look to bring in mouldable younger players that will cost less but with Emery's coaching ability be made into star players. If we kept our core senior players it could work.  There are plenty of potential gems out there that are ripe for the picking. That kid at Hull looks good (you see what I did there)

Wow you could be on to something here 😉  the club have literally just done this in January. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Didn’t we supposedly have scouts at the last Porto Arsenal game, wonder if they’re there tonight? 

One or more of Otavio, Nico Gonzalez or Alan Varela would be my guess

11 minutes ago, useless said:

We've got a Columbian U17 international attacker on trial at Bodymoor at the moment

Transfermarkt has him down as a winger.

FMInside have him as playing AML (natural), AMR and AMC and he's right footed. They also seem to think he's got a decent bit of potential. 

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Didn’t we supposedly have scouts at the last Porto Arsenal game, wonder if they’re there tonight? 

Pepe (not the 41 year old who was amazing) looked an interesting player. Good energy levels in extra time and seems he can play RB and attacking. Just broken into the Brazil squad.

Wendell on the other side was very very good against Saka aswell. Didn't realise he was 30 though. He was at Leverkusen for ages and Porto signed him for hardly anything.

Don't know if he's been mentioned before (haven't checked, sorry) but from what I've seen Rodrigo Muniz would be a great signing*.

* - ...and also probably far too expensive because of the Premier League etc. etc.

14 hours ago, useless said:

We've got a Columbian U17 international attacker on trial at Bodymoor at the moment

We've got a 20 year old in the first team squad too.

I hope defenders get a bit of consideration in the summer.....and I don't mean just centre backs.

We have enough wingers, and even let a promising one go to Hull.

We have illustrated that we can score goals.....stopping them, needs attention.

• Like 3

For me Summer = deadwood out, savvy signings in (frees and cheaper players with contracts running down).

Guido Rodriquez is back playing now after his broken leg, scored last time out against  Villareal. He’d be a great signing for the DM role. 

Get his mate Acuna in also for LB and ship out Digne to Stevie G in Saudi.

Others I’ve mentioned, who have contracts expiring in 2025, include Pavlidis, Geertruida and Veerman (2026). Geertruida might be too expensive for us though.

If we could get Hermoso in on a free and Frimpong via his RC then that would be an amazing window.  We might need to shift Cash if we were go after Frimpong though and for FFP reasons too. 

23 hours ago, bobzy said:

Don't know if he's been mentioned before (haven't checked, sorry) but from what I've seen Rodrigo Muniz would be a great signing*.

* - ...and also probably far too expensive because of the Premier League etc. etc.

Not watched him much but Fulham fans seemed shocked that he burst into form since the start of the year

Â