Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Fantastic player, what a bargain. Recruitment team has done fantastically well there, he's shining under Emery and looking like a top talent. Just goes to show that a player doesn't need to cost 50 million to be good. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, birdman said:

Made me laugh that sour faced helmet Danny Murphy accrediting Morgan Rogers (and other players) ability to Man City on MOTD2 last night. Didn't even mention the Unai Emery affect which is clearly the biggest factor at play here.

Think he was just saying that those youngsters who have been at the city academy all seem to have a great awareness of space, and to be honest I don't see a lot wrong with that. 

• Like 3

I know i am being a bit greedy here, but to me we need two good players in every position with champions league football on the horizon to be able to use both players in a game for a 45 minute minutes just like we can use bailey and Diaby and then have a Rodgers and Ramsey combo for a half apiece. We need to focus on minutes for players to cut the injury and fitness risks, where by we lose players for a long period of time through and have poor replacements or using Konsa to play in every position. Unai has us on the conveyor belt type of football where having a squad will be all important and we know the man see's the future, what a time to be a Villa fan.

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Think he was just saying that those youngsters who have been at the city academy all seem to have a great awareness of space, and to be honest I don't see a lot wrong with that. 

That's fair. I applaud you for giving him some credit something I struggle with 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, birdman said:

That's fair. I applaud you for giving him some credit something I struggle with 😆

I do too usually! The goblin face shite hawk :lol: 

Even a stopped clock is right 20 or 30 times a day or summat 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Shay said:

What a player he’s turning out to be! So strong, so skilful. He could be our very own Dele Alli. 

Except with much better dribbling ability.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I do too usually! The goblin face shite hawk :lol: 

Even a stopped clock is right 20 or 30 times a day or summat 

Quality 😆 He does hate us doing well though. They were talking about Liverpools remains big games and he didn't mention the biggest one which by logic is obviously Villa.

• Like 1

Just now, birdman said:

Quality 😆 He does hate us doing well though. They were talking about Liverpools remains big games and he didn't mention the biggest one which by logic is obviously Villa.

I have a dirty feeling we'll beat them too 😇

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Think it is a bit unfair on (our) West Brom Academy who had him for 9 years that they don't get the credit when he only spent 18 months at City where he did not explode onto any scenes. Even when he was at Lincoln he was outshone by Brennan Johnson. Only this season has he started to fulfil his potential. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, onmeedson said:

I know i am being a bit greedy here, but to me we need two good players in every position with champions league football on the horizon to be able to use both players in a game for a 45 minute minutes just like we can use bailey and Diaby and then have a Rodgers and Ramsey combo for a half apiece. We need to focus on minutes for players to cut the injury and fitness risks, where by we lose players for a long period of time through and have poor replacements or using Konsa to play in every position. Unai has us on the conveyor belt type of football where having a squad will be all important and we know the man see's the future, what a time to be a Villa fan.

It's not so much greedy as unrealistic. There are so few clubs, if any, that can really do that and it's nigh on impossible to have 2 players of comparable quality in every position.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, onmeedson said:

It's more about the direction i think we will be heading to maintain the progress that Unai demands .

We still won't be subbing players at half time on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, onmeedson said:

We'll have an embarrassment of riches when everyone if fit for those two attacking roles.. Ramsey, Rogers, McGinn, Bailey, Diaby, Buendia and possibly Zaniolo. 

6 minutes ago, imavillan said:

well this has aged well and in such a short time too

@RyanDilks1 

spacer.png

At the time, I would have agreed with these. Rogers was good, yet he wasn’t particularly remarkable at Boro. Having a good stint, but not a “wow this kid is a must for a premier league team” stint. 

Someone at Villa saw something the rest of the world didn’t. This someone sold it enough to convince Villa to pursue this kid for weeks. We were convinced we needed him. And now, of course we were right, he’s been wonderful. 

Now I’d love to know, what the scouts/monchi/Emery saw in this kid to be that convinced we needed him. Particularly when the rest of the world missed it. Even us “footballing geniuses” wasn’t entirely sure why we were perusing him.

just brilliant work from the scouting and the training. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Except they regularly played Raheem Stirling who ran up every blind alley known to man.

1 minute ago, colhint said:

Except they regularly played Raheem Stirling who ran up every blind alley known to man.

Youre Right Yeah Shit GIF - Youre Right Yeah Shit You Are Right GIFs

Hence selling him to Chelsea for 360 trillion pounds

3 hours ago, birdman said:

Made me laugh that sour faced helmet Danny Murphy accrediting Morgan Rogers (and other players) ability to Man City on MOTD2 last night. Didn't even mention the Unai Emery affect which is clearly the biggest factor at play here.

Exactly. No one was showing any interest in Rogers prior to our bid. Even Boro fans were commenting that they pulled our pants down with a £15m offer. Its only since he came to villa that he is showing what he can do.

Â