Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

2 hours ago, tinker said:

One of em said they seen him play against Arsenal and they wasn't impressed, they must have some great players there.

Thats because its a different ball game for them. You have lots of average players and a few good ones.  Our squad now is packed full of really really good international players and we also play a team game , not a magic moments game..what i am trying to say is that its much harder to stand out unless you know what you are looking for.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Playing longer and longer with every game. It seems Emery is making him reach into his reserves of energy to get him truly match fit. And it is totally deserved. He has huge ability as well as the build to become a monster.  Calling it now. He will become a huge star with us. His improvement in what is it 10 weeks has been so big that i think he is nowhere near his ceiling. You can play him and get the best attributes of both JJ and Buendia in the one player. 

Tbf you can play Rogers and Ramsey in the same team.  That would add some real size, power and pace into our team.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

Tbf you can play Rogers and Ramsey in the same team.  That would add some real size, power and pace into our team.

Completely agree.  Playing one doesnt mean you cannot play the other . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, birdman said:

Tbf as one of their fans said they made 14m in 6 months for him which is damn good. For us it was steal. Who knows how good he'll be but could be worth upwards of 50m next season.

Doesn’t some of the fee go to city?

10 hours ago, beasley14 said:

If Zaniolo leaves then that would make perfect sense.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tinker said:

If Zaniolo leaves then that would make perfect sense.

I'd keep him as well. He, like Rogers, can play positions Ramsey probably can't, like CF. Gives us plenty of options.

Watkins, Duran, Zaniolo, Buendia, Rogers, Ramsey, Youri, McGinn, Bailey and Diaby all competing for the front 4 positions, with a few of them covering for the double pivots too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I'd keep him as well. He, like Rogers, can play positions Ramsey probably can't, like CF. Gives us plenty of options.

Watkins, Duran, Zaniolo, Buendia, Rogers, Ramsey, Youri, McGinn, Bailey and Diaby all competing for the front 4 positions, with a few of them covering for the double pivots too.

There is a lot sense in holding onto multi-positional players. This is what Pep does so that they can be flexible despite injuries and form. Morgan has already played 2 positions and have no doubt he can play RM too depending on who the RB is. SJM has played every position except GK. Buendia can play everything but Ollie's position and the pivot. Youri has played 3 positions. Diaby in 3 positions as well as Bailey. JJ can play left or right.

I'm not sure Zaniolo will stay for personal reasons - but his multi-positional ability is something we'll probably try to replicate in the summer if  he goes.

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

Putting ability to one side, how good is it to see him celebrating so wildly with his teammates and being a big personality already. He nearly strangled Digne to death in the Villa Pitchside video.  I guess he has never experienced big full stadiums before. Must be a huge buzz for him.

11 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Putting ability to one side, how good is it to see him celebrating so wildly with his teammates and being a big personality already. He nearly strangled Digne to death in the Villa Pitchside video.  I guess he has never experienced big full stadiums before. Must be a huge buzz for him.

🤣 What?

Famously poorly supported Roma and Galatasaray ? 

On 15/04/2024 at 12:55, STO said:

I'd like to see what his valuation is now.  Dwarfs whatever it is we agreed to pay Middlesbrough.  Fantastic player and really suits our play.  Can cover several positions.  Turning into a crowd favourite.  Only 21!! 

Chukwuemeke went for 20m with far less experience and without really putting in any eye catching performances. Yes he is slightly younger but, based on Rogers's performances you have to say he is ahead of Carney right now. If we to sell him in the summer I would expect 20-25m.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DJBOB said:

I think it’s no surprise that Unai has turned to Morgan (and Zaniolo) despite his youth and out of possession learning. 

In January, teams started figuring out they could press us early into mistakes because we had no out ball. Diaby and Bailey were not consistent enough back to goal. Tielemans is better facing forward and not under the isolated pressure out left or out top. Watkins was often isolated and McGinn was not a constant duel winner up the pitch. 

So by turning to Morgan and Zaniolo, we now had much more physicality and ball carrying to drag us up the pitch against the press. 

Very smart post. Could call them “hold up wingers” - Grealish offered a bit of that too.

I like Rogers a lot, he just seems to have settled straight in with no dramas.

• Like 1

On 15/04/2024 at 02:33, Adam2003 said:

Not picking on Dakota in the slightest here, just an example of many comments like this in mid-March. Funny to see what can change in less than a month in football :)

Can’t wait to see what this lad does with another six months of Unai’s coaching.

It’s a very fair call mate.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a young player at Villa respond to elite management so quickly after that performance v luton. Delighted to have egg on my face and full kudos to him, the manager and the coaching staff. 

• Like 2

It's funny seeing other fans' reactions to him. It's like he spawned out of nowhere. One prominent Arsenal content creator seemed absolutely bewildered at his existence and called him an NPC lmao.

It's very strange to be the team that other fans are jealous of with our scouting and recruitment. It's been a strange 18 months in general really. Almost feels like it's happening to another club. The turnaround has been insane. Championship, 17th, 11th, 14th....7th then 4th...what?

• Haha 3

On 14/04/2024 at 21:10, MWARLEY2 said:

I am so sure that we came across him when Emery looked at the videos pre the FA Cup Boro game.  And then once Emery saw him in the flesh was desperate for him. If he had been scouted for a long time we would have bought him last summer surely. He didnt pull up trees at his previous loan club either. Convinced it was an Emery purchase. Doesn't  make sense for it to be Monchi 

If Emery had seen some of these highlights then no wonder he went for him.  Its the balance of team and individual that is so impressive.  He doesnt hang on to the ball that much. Always looking for the pass. 

• Like 1

Â