Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I quite like this January transfer window. Of course, the FFP thing solidifies the advantage of the established big clubs with their massive and talented squads, but there’s something refreshing about thinking about the players clubs already have or gambles like Rogers. And we know that Unai and his team can improve players perhaps better than anyone in the league. 

So if I’m catching you right you feel FFP is advantageous for the bigger clubs?

Would you prefer the Man City’s, Newcastle’s and Chelsea’s with their affluent owners to buy up all the good players available while those they can’t use farmed out on loan?

I’ve noted that since the introduction of FFP more teams are closing on the top four because the Sky 4 can no longer purchase all available talent!

Rogers is being purchased imo to push the wide men already at the club into better performances. Let’s face it neither Diaby, Bailey or Zaniolo have been great recently so Rogers will be chomping at the bit to take one of their places.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Villa fan as a kid according to the Mirror article earlier today. Get him in! 🎶 he’s one of our own🎶

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Another Villa fan though  so happy days. 

4 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Didn’t realise he was a Villa fan. That’s an added bonus. He reminds me a little bit of another big money Villa fan signing, Mr Stanley Victor. That didn’t work out great but I have high hopes for this one. He looks like a proper talent to me. Big, fast, strong, two footed lad who plays with his head up. Unai could turn him into a star.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 2

I like the look of this kid, body position is always bang on, takes it on the half turn and always seems to have time on the ball and ability to pick the right pass.

As AndyClarke said earlier, physique is key when it comes to the top league, AJ and JPB always looked like boys in a man’s team, this kid does not.

If we can get him and Rowe in (Rowe reminds me of Doku) that would be some window.  Imagine these two coming at you on 70 minutes 

• Thanks 1

So many doubts and criticism over this potential signing online… Boro fans getting excited about the fee too… it’s gonna be satisfying as soon as it’s proven to be an Unai masterstroke 😂

This kid’s value will skyrocket as soon as Unai elevates him as he has with our existing players… what a move for him…

No greater endorsement than our elite manager actually rating and wanting such a player… must see so much to develop and work on…

Do not doubt Unai…

• Like 1

It seems a pretty safe bet. With the big money players we have been signing not many will represent a good return if it doesn’t work out. If Diaby doesn’t excel for example and is fine, he’s worth £20-30m not £50m. If Rodgers doesn’t except but is fine, he’s probably worth what we paid. If he does excel, big profit. 

• Like 1

Is a weird opinion from some fans about signing players from the Championship borderline arrogance. But if Rogers was signing for Brentford/Brighton would be further uproar because we are missing out on the next Jarrod Bowen or something

• Like 3

I suspect what Rogers does best is what Duran/Diaby haven't quite been effective at doing just yet next to Watkins.

His does very well structurally + link up play. These traits bode well for playing other positions too (LM/RM). Helps that he is also quite creative.

• Like 1

He does feel like a replacement for Zaniolo, he's big, left footed, creative, carries the ball and can play wide or centrally. The overall cost profile of Rogers is much better and he is English which is important for our UEFA squad

6 hours ago, Anything11 said:

I suspect what Rogers does best is what Duran/Diaby haven't quite been effective at doing just yet next to Watkins.

His does very well structurally + link up play. These traits bode well for playing other positions too (LM/RM). Helps that he is also quite creative.

I think so too and will allow some flexibility in attack as Watkins can drop deep to get the ball also letting Rogers lead line and being more unpredictable. This can also allow Diaby to operate from RM and get him into 1v1s more often 

20 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He does feel like a replacement for Zaniolo, he's big, left footed, creative, carries the ball and can play wide or centrally. The overall cost profile of Rogers is much better and he is English which is important for our UEFA squad

He’s right footed 

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

He’s right footed 

I think it bodes well that Fbref have him as left footed and Transfermarkt have him as right footed. So he must be pretty good with both feet you'd hope

• Like 2

9 hours ago, david-avfc said:

Anyone who only judged Grealish on his goals and assists isn’t worth listening to

For sure. He could control games, and pull all the strings. Being surrounded by so much talent at citeh restricts his game, and they will never see him at his very best. He needs to be given the keys! But at citeh who's going to do that when they De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva.

Edited by Philosopher

Â