Tickets

wedge

On 14/01/2024 at 18:09, Rugeley Villa said:

It will easily sell out with how our away support is nowadays and how well we are doing.

Sold Out in 5 minutes today 

11 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Sold Out in 5 minutes today 

There would have been season ticket holders that  missed out plus members then general sale. What you reckon if allowed could have sold 9k?

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There would have been season ticket holders that  missed out plus members then general sale. What you reckon if allowed could have sold 9k?

I reckon 5 figures mate 

An entire Villa Shed End, will be a sight to behold 😍

I recall an amazing atmosphere with Villa taking up the entire Shed under MO'N when Randy Lerner put free coaches on for us despite the fact we got battered (I think) 0-4 down there.

• Like 3

On 16/01/2024 at 17:53, Talldarkandransome said:

I thought members might get a chance with these, but it appears not

You might be able to get in on the returns but the system they use to allocate away tickets basically mean it's a closed shop.  Because people get a head start on being able to buy them once they have a booking history then they are practically incentivised to snap up tickets ASAP just to keep collecting that booking history.

It's so easy to sell the away tickets on the secondary market for games they can't/don't want to attend that it's impossible to lose out.

10 hours ago, The_Rev said:

You might be able to get in on the returns but the system they use to allocate away tickets basically mean it's a closed shop.  Because people get a head start on being able to buy them once they have a booking history then they are practically incentivised to snap up tickets ASAP just to keep collecting that booking history.

It's so easy to sell the away tickets on the secondary market for games they can't/don't want to attend that it's impossible to lose out.

I thought they had started to block that happening..

I think if any do become available they will only be offered to season ticket holders again. 

21 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I thought they had started to block that happening..

I think if any do become available they will only be offered to season ticket holders again. 

Correct. Returned tickets go on sale to the criteria to which they initially sold out, in this case ST holders.

• Thanks 1

The club have put some quite severe punishments in place to prevent resales and changed the way the criteria for sales go in order to make it a slightly less closed shop - catching people is still very difficult though.

Technology will have an impact on this in the next couple of years - selling an away ticket to a mate on the quiet is one thing - when you have to let him take your phone to London for the weekend because that's how the ticket Id's you, then it gets trickier. Of course, there are still ways around that and there are reports that Arsenal fans have bought 'burner' phones simply for the purpose of attaching those phones to their away ticket accounts, but technology that Id's people at the turnstile, either by face, by device or by some other means is definitely coming - don't be too surprised if you're scanning your finger at the turnstile at the Emirates in a couple of years time.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The club have put some quite severe punishments in place to prevent resales and changed the way the criteria for sales go in order to make it a slightly less closed shop - catching people is still very difficult though.

Technology will have an impact on this in the next couple of years - selling an away ticket to a mate on the quiet is one thing - when you have to let him take your phone to London for the weekend because that's how the ticket Id's you, then it gets trickier. Of course, there are still ways around that and there are reports that Arsenal fans have bought 'burner' phones simply for the purpose of attaching those phones to their away ticket accounts, but technology that Id's people at the turnstile, either by face, by device or by some other means is definitely coming - don't be too surprised if you're scanning your finger at the turnstile at the Emirates in a couple of years time.

I don't trust an organisation that can't fix the toilets to secure biometric data :mrgreen:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

That kind of ID just won't work. It be accepted by the public imo. Can't see it myself. On top of that, it's expensive.

Edited by GlobalVillan

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the day that this happens is the day I stop attending (even if it's my own ticket which will match the biometrics of my face!)

Edited by wedge

Â