Don_Simon

Martinez

Konsa Kamara Pau

Cash Luiz McGinn Moreno

Diaby Watkins Bailey

Bench: Olsen, Chambers, Carlos, Lenglet, Dendoncker, Tielemans, Ramsey, Zaniolo, Duran

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Martinez

Konsa Kamara Pau

Cash Luiz McGinn Moreno

Diaby Watkins Bailey

Bench: Olsen, Chambers, Carlos, Lenglet, Dendoncker, Tielemans, Ramsey, Zaniolo, Duran

I like but Kamara as CB? Are you serious? 🧐 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Our second chance to go top of the league this season on Sunday.  Lets make it happen. 

How so?

We would need to win 10-0 away to Everton.

We aren't going top.

However, any kind of win here would be massive, as will any win from here on in. 

Every game gets bigger and bigger now. Hopefully players back, a bit of a rest and some reflection on our recent (relative) decline in performances should see us over the line.

A scrappy 2-1 to us. Which I'm sure we would all take quite happily.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I like but Kamara as CB? Are you serious? 🧐 

Just because Emery likes to play three CBs away from home and Kamara played there at times for Marseille. I like the idea of build up play in a back 3 with Konsa, Kamara and Pau who are all really good on the ball.

But yeah, Kamara probably more useful in midfield for us alongside Dougie. Keep the same team but play 4-4-1-1 with McGinn on the left. The only differences might be Carlos plays instead of Cash and Ramsey instead of Diaby or Bailey. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Just because Emery likes to play three CBs away from home and Kamara played there at times for Marseille. I like the idea of build up play in a back 3 with Konsa, Kamara and Pau who are all really good on the ball.

But yeah, Kamara probably more useful in midfield for us alongside Dougie. Keep the same team but play 4-4-1-1 with McGinn on the left. The only differences might be Carlos plays instead of Cash and Ramsey instead of Diaby or Bailey. 

I love Kamara. Huge player for us.

But I have kittens every time he receives a pass from the keeper and a few goals have been conceded that way. 

Plus, he is so effective as a DCM. Dont want him at CB really. 

• Like 1

Having Tielemans and Pau back is great! If fit I’d start Pau and leave Youri on the bench should we need him. 

Emi

Konsa Carlos Pau Moreno

Ramsey Luiz Kamara McGinn

Watkins Bailey 

That leaves Cash, Diaby, Youri, Zaniolo etc. should we need some attacking replacements. 

I think the Man City win over Newcastle gives us some encouragement. They are not the dominant force of the last two seasons. I'm optimistic enough to think that maybe had we gone ahead in the way Newcastle did, we would have maybe been able to hold out, such is the progress we have made, especially in the psychological department. 

My only concern is Watkins getting injured and the lack of a replacement who can adequately fill those big boots that Ollie now wears. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that, and should that be the case, I'm fairly confident we can maintain our position in the top four. 

• Like 1

Having one of those "I can see us losing every game for the next month" feeling moments today. Am so full of shit sometimes. May have something to do with just soaking myself head to toe in cold water in cold weather and strong gusts in a failed attempt to remove leaves from my house's gutters. 😉😂

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

Seen a bit of Everton recently and they've actually impressed me so hope nobody is expecting a walkover. McNeil being out is good news for us but they still have some threats like Harrison, Doucoure, DCL, Beto.

Going to be optimistic at predict a 2-1 Villa win.

9 hours ago, Herman22 said:

Having Tielemans and Pau back is great! If fit I’d start Pau and leave Youri on the bench should we need him. 

Is it confirmed that they are both back and ready to play?

It's going to be another away game struggle. They have gone off the boil a bit lately but before that were on a real good run. 

I don't think they'll just sit back which might help us but honestly I doubt it.