Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

I quite like the idea of having a kit which is inspired by the Scottish kit. Something to do in a mix up year where you do something a bit different.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, thabucks said:

That was one of the things I was working on before I left OUFC - most footy memorabilia and apparel is just pure cheap tat. We were looking to tap into the affluent student market with a range of cashmere items with a subtle OX logo, polos, rugby shirts etc and the market research I did showed there was this huge untapped market for subtly branded high quality items. But they didn’t carry it forward after I left. Just go onto Etsy and you’ll find a huge range of classy Villa products and clothing we should be selling as a club. 

Yes, it does seem like a football club wide issue. Obviously I don't look at other clubs merchandise but rarely see someone wearing something and think wow I wish Villa did something like that. Which might say something about clubs not thinking there is a big enough market for it but I can't see why not? 

I have no idea with there is any contractual issues with kit suppliers on items that can or cannot be sold, but seems doubtful as you can get Tops, t shirts and polos, they're just not very good on the whole.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

12 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Yes, it does seem like a football club wide issue. Obviously I don't look at other clubs merchandise but rarely see someone wearing something and think wow I wish Villa did something like that. Which might say something about clubs not thinking there is a big enough market for it but I can't see why not? 

I have no idea with there is any contractual issues with kit suppliers on items that can or cannot be sold, but seems doubtful as you can get Tops, t shirts and polos, they're just not very good on the whole.

We had some Luke villa.stuff in the shops for a season or so. Not anymore back to the usual cheap looking rubbish.

22 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

The issue at OUFC was we had a budget to stick within for everything including kits so there wasn’t much left for apparel. The time is was there one of the directors owned the European license for starter caps and we had around 20 different available. Affluent tourists and businessmen who weren’t necessarily either interested in football or supported Oxford  whatsoever polled very well on the would you buy this discrete branded item.  It could’ve been very profitable for the club but my successor went down the cheap tat route 

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Poss a missed opportunity with the home shirt unless it’s just a place holder design before the big reveal … 

IMG_0060.jpeg

I’d rep a scarf with this pattern. 

Â