The "Let's Smash Rat Boy Fernandes" Match Thread

rjw63

Midfield is there for the taking, but if Bruno & Eriksen assert themselves, we'll really need to be careful

Onana

AWB Jones Varane Dalot

Mainoo.  Eriksen

Garnacho  Bruno.  Rashford

Højlund

Moreno coming off the bench as Rashford doesn't track back could be the key to winning this. JJ absolutely needs to be at his best to take the game to Dalot, Slightly out of position on the left-hand side

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Fernandes - Mainoo - Ericksen might not have the energy to deal with our midfield - United have some danger coming forward, but whether they can control a game playing with a CF, 2 wingers and 2 attacking midfielders is open to question. They've been playing a weird sort of 4-1-5 through their bad period.

Was just going to say the same. Not too much bite there. And to Emery. Thank you. A proper manager. We missed McGinn further forward against sheffield so he puts a round peg in a round hole. We just need to be on it and get them and the crowd worried. 

The team is as good as we can expect to put out given the suspensions/injuries. It’s a good side still, although I’d prefer Pau in there. The cool thing about Villa under Emery is that I completely trust his team selections now, whatever he chooses is all fine for me. Same with transfers now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Panto_Villan said:

Am I being stupid or are they all in order except the keeper?

Yeah that's what I said, it's keeper then number order rather than positions, makes no sense in modern football when they all have stupid numbers 

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

That's why you hate Man Utd?

The list is long... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1