Weekends Football 1/3 December

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

The energy level of the Newcastle players after such a tough week is incredible. If they can maintain it for the whole season they’d be difficult to overcome for top 4/5.

They are coached by Peddie Howe after all

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

The downturn in his form since signing his mega money deal is unparalleled, even for English players who have a history of reducing effort. He has a face like a smacked arse whilst earning £300k/w to play football.

Deep down I think he's pretty introverted/lacking confidence so doesn't take that much for him to lose form compared to others.

Not sure why he's still starting every game for them though as spell on bench to get his focus back is what he needs. It was same two seasons back, he was still starting every week then aswell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Deep down I think he's pretty introverted/lacking confidence so doesn't take that much for him to lose form compared to others.

Not sure why he's still starting every game for them though as spell on bench to get his focus back is what he needs. It was same two seasons back, he was still starting every week then aswell.

I'm sure he needed surgery on an injury during that spell too

They never rest him 

Newcastle will be the main challengers for 4th this season imo. I hate to say it but they are very well balanced, quick, strong and like us in that they are very settled throughout the squad now. The fact they are playing well while being light on numbers is a good sign for them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

Pickford is such a odious little piece of garbage. One of those in a elite group of players that you almost wish harm. He's the Bruno Fernandes of goalkeeping.

Just seen him rushing out to elanga and saving that chance, elanga takes a bad touch and then gets out the way, if he didn't pickfords breaking something, his legs are way off the ground 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Just seen him rushing out to elanga and saving that chance, elanga takes a bad touch and then gets out the way, if he didn't pickfords breaking something, his legs are way off the ground 

Yup, Pickford special. He's a coward and a prick.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

100%.

It’s one of those “never would happen under Fergie” situations. Maybe even Jose too. He’d have been subbed within 30 minutes for not only being shit, but for being lazy and arrogant. If you’re low on confidence and form then you need to double the effort. At least put a shift in and cover some ground if nothing else is working. He does that thing I absolutely hate, when an attack breaks down and the opposition gets the ball he makes no attempt to get back onside. Just walks. Then when they win the ball back he’s out of the game, 20 yards offside. 

ETH has made an example of Sancho, but then still treats Rashford like a player who deserves a first team spot.

It sums the club up. Martial should be nowhere near the first team either.

• Like 1

Â