Formula One - 2024

BOF

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I think I mentioned before that for the last year or so my little girl has shown a strong interest in f1. She’s so young (12) she doesn’t really know how great it used to be!

So I considered tickets for the British grand prix as a treat for her… the cheapest general admission on race day is £309 each!! That is absolutely obscene. With parking, fuel, food, merch on top I’d be looking at over £700 for 1 day out (with a forgone conclusion of a result). Piss take.

Cheapest ticket with a seat is £499 each.

I don’t know how they get away with 1) charging so much and 2) not getting crucified in the media for their pricing.

Spa seems to do a €65 ticket for kids and €205 for adult here so about £230 for both after conversion.

Select Sunday and order by rising price, you'll see it easier.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Avfc96 said:

Newey strongly rumoured to be leaving Red Bull. I'll believe it when I see it

I would and wouldn’t be shocked at the same time.

It looks like a basket case behind the scenes which extends to Max who doesn’t seem to be happy with the management of the team either.

Newey can go to any team he likes, or retire with his millions. He holds all the cards really.

It would be good for the sport if Red Bull did implode.

Newey to Ferrari. Max to Mercedes. Maybe Sainz or Lando to Red Bull. 

That should mix things up a bit.

If he does stay in F1, can see him going to Aston Martin.

It won't change F1 in 2025 if he does leave, but with 2026 and the new regs, it may be watchable in 2026 for the first time since 2021.

I still say be careful what you wish for. Wanting an end to one dominant force by replacing it with another isn't an improvement in my opinion, and as I said previously, with the engine changes about to come in, finding Verstappen in a Mercedes could be worse than anything Hamilton served up. Especially considering at least most in this forum were actually cheering for Lewis at the time. But I guess change does at least give the possibility of shaking things up.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

I think I mentioned before that for the last year or so my little girl has shown a strong interest in f1. She’s so young (12) she doesn’t really know how great it used to be!

So I considered tickets for the British grand prix as a treat for her… the cheapest general admission on race day is £309 each!! That is absolutely obscene. With parking, fuel, food, merch on top I’d be looking at over £700 for 1 day out (with a forgone conclusion of a result). Piss take.

Cheapest ticket with a seat is £499 each.

I don’t know how they get away with 1) charging so much and 2) not getting crucified in the media for their pricing.

It would almost certainly to pay for flights and a hotel to a European grand prix instead

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Newey strongly rumoured to be leaving Red Bull. I'll believe it when I see it

Confirmed

24 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Ferrari trying to replicate the late 90's/ early 00's duo of Schumacher and Brawn with Hamilton and Newey perhaps?

Not picking on you per se, but I've seen this implied quite a lot i.e. people seem awfully confident Hamilton will be able to beat Leclerc :)

I'd love to see him at Ferrari.

The incredible design skills and organisation of Newey versos Ferrari's ability to undermine themselves at a moments notice with some random calamity or other.

It's unstoppable force meet immovable object, it'd be fascinating to watch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It would almost certainly to pay for flights and a hotel to a European grand prix instead

Yeah, I’m looking into this. I’m tempted to drive to one of the closer European races.

So starts the demise of Red Bull. 

Newey is there Klopp, or moreso what Pep is to Man City.

Good excuse for him to leave, be very interesting if he goes to Ferrari. Personally, I think he'll take a break.

4 hours ago, BOF said:

I still say be careful what you wish for. Wanting an end to one dominant force by replacing it with another isn't an improvement in my opinion, and as I said previously, with the engine changes about to come in, finding Verstappen in a Mercedes could be worse than anything Hamilton served up. Especially considering at least most in this forum were actually cheering for Lewis at the time. But I guess change does at least give the possibility of shaking things up.

Pretty much this, Newley going to any team has the ability to make them a force, should Max move to the same team then all we have is Red Bull mark 2. Same procession just a different leader.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Max next I reckon

and Marko (although I’m not sure anyone will notice).

Marko is the real problem IMO.

On the one hand, I can keep Christian Flippin' Horner and lose the greatest genius car designer of all time. On the other, I can keep the greatest genius car designer of all time and lose Christian Flippin' Horner. Whatever shall I do?

There's only one way to settle this...

• Like 1

Â