Ratings & Reactions: Nottm Forest v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/11/23 at 23:59

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

and there lies the main issue....a hard fought game and a 0-0 would have us all disappointed, but realistic....and the manner, we was shoved off the ball, was cause for concern.

John McGinn, cannot do Meatball on his own...he needs help, in games like this.

Luton just scored so maybe same issue

1 minute ago, jim said:

What clear cut chances did we have? 

We did have a few that was easier to hit the target than sky over the bar like we did.  Maybe not clear cut chances but very good chances for the players we have.

Just a bad day at the office for me - given where we are in terms of our progress, days like these are pretty much par for the course imo.

We are not going to turn up and win - we are still work in progress.

No questions, no analysis from me.

Onwards and upwards 

• Like 1

Just looked a bit laboured at times - didn't move the ball quick enough, but having said that credit to Cooper and Forest. Always seemed to have an extra player closing down on the crucial pass or for the cutback or turn. Every time the camera panned towards their box it seemed they had a narrow 3 positioned in front of the goal/keeper that we never found a way through.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TRO said:

but Jas.....staying on the ball, is a basic pre-requisite for any player in our league position.....We constantly lost the ball, just about all of them, with one or two exceptions.

I am not challenging UE, I would think he is as disappointed as we.....but the stuff Forest did to stifle us, was basic, but required hard work and discipline.....I don't think our lot was in the groove to make runs, or move away from press's....They played like they thought they could rock up and stroll it.....but its not the first time either.

You’re not wrong, and complacency is always a very real and dangerous threat or possibility when confidence and momentum is built up and after we have achieved some major results like 6-1 vs Brighton & 4-1 vs West Ham… as well as the media hype which is something we never deal well with but many of our fans seems to crave for some reason… Flattering to deceive has been, sadly, a big part of our identity for quite some time now…

Regardless, I just take this as an off day but I can’t deny it was disappointing. I want to see us dismantle every team we play 😂 but that’s just not possible or realistic.

We have to learn to be a bit tolerant of the odd stumble or setback, especially when we know we’ll be back with a bang.

Imagine the amount of data and information Unai is gathering on our players and the education he is giving them, finding the best ways to improve them and our play while also taking note of the positions he needs to strengthen in and spend money on…

Lets not forget how crap a side we have been in the past, we struggled to string more than 3 passes together with any form of consistency and our go to tactic was to hand it to our one standout player at every opportunity who was woefully and excessively relied on. 

Before that, a lot of hoofball, sitting back and reliance on the counter attack. I am incredibly grateful that we have moved beyond all that shite.

We are a far cry from those days, we are actually one of the best possession based sides in the division now and that is quite some feat! Especially when there aren’t actually that many of our players that could be classed as approaching the level of elite… our squad is not “top drawer” but we do have some great players…

Just shows how outstanding our manager is and the level of coaching there is at the club now - we’ve never had it!!

My view is, get Unai better players and we will become even more formidable and consistent.

We have some players in the squad that have some real and telling limitations… there are definitely areas of the team we can address.

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not talking in that vein......I am merely talking about todays game.

I don't envisage, some coming off the rails narrative.....but I do think we have a trait in our DNA that he needs to work on....and I think the games I have previously mentioned have shown this.

I know, I’m just expressing my own views or feelings in general.

Just feeling that it’s good to have some perspective, look at the bigger picture and how far we’ve actually come.

Can’t be constantly rosy.

I accept and acknowledge your views too, can’t disagree.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Wanna bet….it’ll be far worse than this

They equalised in the 5th minute of the 8 added on, I’m sure it would have been more if required, unless Luton looked like snatching a late winner after the eualizer in which case the ref would have blown up instantly.