Match Thread: Villa v Luton

limpid

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Total domination. 1-0 a bit disappointing.

We should have scored more before our first goal but I think we've basically been slow playing it until half time. Wait for them to become more aggressive because they will have to be and then attack in those semi transitions. 

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

1 minute ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Should be 2 or 3-0.  Need Diaby to sharpen up.  Bailey comes on for Zaniolo to start the 2nd for me, even if he didn't get a yellow.  

Was hoping to be 2 or 3 by now.

Hopefully 2nd half sees a few more goals for us 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Luton will take this. Not get walloped and not dent their goal difference. They know we aren't the fight they want. It's the Forests and Everton's they will go toe to toe against. Thai should be enough, another goal for us and. It will be done, if it isn't already.

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Yes but they are just sitting back and letting us play and although I think well started we are getting and more frustated. We need that second goal because Luton will get their chance. 

Edited by PaulC

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Want to see us come out with a bit more urgency in the second half, I thought we were brilliant in the first 20 and could have been 3 up, but we need to kill this off

This. Very good up until the goal but then gone a bit casual. Need to be more ruthless.

We slowed the game right down after q5 minutes, to the point half our players were walking or plodding around. Against a wall of 11 players, we need to use more urgency, especially from konsa who seems to want to get a Luton player to come to him before the inevitable pass to luiz or torres.

Play the ball 2 or 3 seconds faster and they haven't reverted back to a back 11. Digne has been unmarked with half the pitch multiple times and ignored. Play it to him quicker and it draws 2 or 3 players to him, that's the opening we need .

We do need another 2 or 3 goals in order to see this one out as they will push on with 25 to go. 

Zaniolo needs another 15 and then a swap for Bailey if nothing has changed. It's not happening for him this game, nor diaby. Also yjought watkins could have thrown himself at the cross the face of the goal chance but at least we have scored which gives us something.

• Like 1

To not win this would be horrible. Should be 3 or 4 up by now, created some very good, clear cut chances early on but strangely stodgy after our goal. 

Passing a little wayward in the middle isn’t helping. Zaniolo on a yellow surely means Bailey or Tielemans will come on soon, a shame as I thought Zaniolo would get off the mark today and let the cork out the bottle.

These lot are utter shit. I know anything can happen, but they a have crap players and their plan seems to be keep in the game until the last 10mins when no doubt they will spam long balls into some lurch up top. 

I reckon we come out firing and slap them 3 or 4.