Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

The girl in the bruce willis sky advert is the daughter of my missus' boss

Can you ask her why If she is completely " unlimited " ...why does she have a picture of her and her boyfriend with a love heart on her desk ?

Just another bit of Trivia for you Tony on that one, it was filmed in Budapest

Was probably whilst they were filming the latest die hard there (and then pretending to be in Moscow )

Couldn't decide whether this should go in the "Boycott" thread as a guide or here. 

The Illusion of Choice.

map.jpg

Bigger companies buying up small ones. Very natural imo, the small business-owner gets paid a fortune and the big company gets a valuable brand.

As for choice, I'd argue that as long as the different products taste different and/or feel different, you still have the freedom of choice. It's no different from going to a restaurant, even if that restaurant were the only eatery in your neighbourhood you would still have the freedom to pick between multiple items on the menu, it might be limited choice but it's not an illusion of choice.

• Like 1

Couldn't decide whether this should go in the "Boycott" thread as a guide or here. 

The Illusion of Choice.

map.jpg

Bigger companies buying up small ones. Very natural imo, the small business-owner gets paid a fortune and the big company gets a valuable brand.

It's a barrier to entry for new competitors as well.

If 2 companies dominated the market (hypothetically) and had 1 product each, therefore a 50% share each, then Company C could bring out a new product, enter the market and get a 33% share straight off the bat (wouldn't work like that in reality but for argument's sake we'll go with it), so company A and B would lose 16.5% each.

But if Company A and B have 10 products each. so each of their products has 5% of the market adding up to their total 50%, then when Company C comes along with it's new product it only picks up about 4.5% of the market and A and B lose a couple of percent each.

So yeah, it's perfectly natural. Just good business in any market really.

It is more likely than not that your current sexual partner has had more partners than you.

My current sexual partner has had exactly the same amount of sexual partners as me.

I am my current sexual partner

• Like 3

Pirates wore eyepatches so that one eye was always adjusted to darkness.

That way when they went below deck of a ship they'd boarded they could switch the eye patch over and immediately be able to see through one eye, rather than having to wait for their eyes to adjust.

Gil Scott Heron's dad played for Celtic.

Get the **** out of here!!!

Is that really true?

Of so, for some reason I find that amazing :D

Absolutely true. Google him. 

wiki

Gil Heron (9 April 1922 – 27 November 2008) was a Jamaican professional footballer. He was the first black player to play for Scottish club Celtic, and was the father of poet and musician Gil Scott-Heron.

He died in Detroit of a heart attack on 27 November 2008.

Born Gilbert Heron in Kingston, Jamaica, he came from a family of means.

He moved to Canada as a youth and was later enlisted in the Canadian Air Force. As well as being a track athlete and a boxer, he played football and broke through during his stay there. A centre forward, he signed for Detroit Corinthians and the champion Detroit Wolverines, where he was top goalscorer in the 1946 season of the North American Soccer Football League.

He was spotted by a scout from Glasgow Celtic while the club was on tour in North America, and he was signed by the Scottish club in 1951 after being invited over for a trial. Becoming the first black player for Celtic, Heron went on to score on his debut, on 18 August 1951 in a League Cup tie against Morton that Celtic won 2-0. Heron only played five first-team matches in all, scoring twice. He was released by the club the next year and joined Third Lanark where he played in seven League Cup matches, scoring five goals but did not appear in the League. Next he went to English club Kidderminster Harriers before moving back to Detroit Corinthians. At Celtic he earned the nicknames "The Black Arrow" and "The Black Flash".

While in Chicago, Heron met Bobbie Scott, a singer, with whom he had a son in 1949, the poet and musician Gil Scott-Heron. They separated when Heron left for Scotland and did not meet again till Scott-Heron was 26.

Edited by leviramsey

Often said to be the founding father of rap. Well I **** hate rap. All of it, without exception. But I love GSH. Probably because he did his talking over proper music.

Â