Best modern American TV series?

ender4

Best american TV series in last decade (excluding comedies)?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Best american TV series in last decade (excluding comedies)?

• Heroes
    • Prison Break
    • Battlestar Galactica
    • Lost
    • Sarah Connor Chronicles
    • Smallville
    • Firefly
    • The West Wing
    • Other (please explain below)

I voted Other for House. Hugh Lawrie is fantastic in it. Where do you watch it Rob?

I've been getting it via EZTV, from either Pirate Bay or Mininova

If I had the space I'd have kept them, but I've had to watch and delete

Why wait until any show airs anyway? I would rather watch a few episodes back to back online, without any commercials.

This.

It's what I've done for the last 2 years.......cuts out all the **** adverts and I can watch when I want to

Streams are bad though. I ususaly d/l as it comes out in America, but there hasnt been anything worth d/l'ing for a while.

Nothing worth d/l'ing?

Surely with 24, Lost, House, Fringe, Lie To Me, Rescue Me and the recently ended Big Love there must be SUMMAT you would find interesting?

Streams are bad though. I ususaly d/l as it comes out in America, but there hasnt been anything worth d/l'ing for a while.

Why are streams bad? I think the quality of sites such as TV shack and project free TV are really good.

just watched the final of House 5 now. What an amazing episode. This season has finished really strongly, its rare to yell COME ON SEASON 6 for a show, but goddammit I need House. Easily rivals West Wing as my most beloved US show.

( I must note I have not seen the wire yet, but my friends effusive priase of it, will no doubt see that rectified eventually )

just watched the final of House 5 now. What an amazing episode. This season has finished really strongly, its rare to yell COME ON SEASON 6 for a show, but goddammit I need House.

Total out of this world twist! Season 6 will be on in September

See avatar (though the seasons 5-7 opening is in some ways better)

possibly familiar

arguably the finest hour of television ever

the beginning of the Luther Mahoney saga (Baltimore homicide vs. drug kingpin...?)

(though the album was released earlier in the year, "Hurt" (the fourth single) was not released until 1995... this episode aired in November of 1994)

(the documentary referenced is being shot by a character who is basically David Simon)

(while HLOTS's final episode (apart from a TV movie) aired roughly 10 years ago, with its heavy (near-exclusive) use of handheld cameras and thematic ambitions an argument can be made that it was the first modern American TV series... without it, no The Corner and thus no The Wire (as well as no Oz... indeed, an argument can be made that without HLOTS, there'd be no Sopranos))

I'm only on season 2 of the wire but I'm quickly coming to the same conclusion as a lot of people on this thread. It should at least be on the list, probably winning.

Smallville, sarah connor and Battlestar Gallactica are woeful inclusions imho.

Â