The Lower Grounds Matchday experience

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Don_Simon

7 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

debating using this for the west ham game. Will pop some thoughts in if so. 

Appreciate that i may come under the wrath of VT but i already work in a bank and staunchly support Ollie Watkins so im used to not being liked.

thats plenty enough.

• Haha 2

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

interesting, the fulham grievance made sky sports news, their new stand is charging £130 for a standard ticket apparently

Yep, it's dreadful - Fulham are aiming to be the sort of West London bankers club of football - their new stand has all sorts of ridiculous hospitality options and the regular seats are a fortune - it's not a place that welcomes working class people. The popularity of the game is what it is, and the Premier league is the biggest in the world - if we were in London, Idread to think what we'd have to put up with.

• Like 2

I understand that maybe we have had modest prices for so long.....but its harsh to claw it back too soon.

The club need to level up prices, on a gradual basis, as opposed to one or two seasons.

I know the club have to generate money, but I don't quite get, how the fans increases can make that much difference, to the economic running of the club.

Surely, staying in cups and league placing will generate more money, than additional increases on Fan services.....I would have thought thats just marginal.

I won't use the lower grounds, as it doesn't appeal to me.....just better service in the concourses, would be the priority for me.

• Like 3

On 12/10/2023 at 17:52, OutByEaster? said:

Yep, it's dreadful - Fulham are aiming to be the sort of West London bankers club of football - their new stand has all sorts of ridiculous hospitality options and the regular seats are a fortune - it's not a place that welcomes working class people. The popularity of the game is what it is, and the Premier league is the biggest in the world - if we were in London, Idread to think what we'd have to put up with.

It is drifting away from the quintessential working people. I'm a pensioner and its becoming a game for the business people or other folk who manage a living in the dark arts...nods as good as wink to a blind man....coming out the ground, doesn't smell of HP sauce anymore or Ansells Brewery.

London would be so much more, but they get London wages.....and all the big grounds have better facilities.

I know the direction football is floating, and benevolence is not a consideration.....So we can safely say, we are here, until we can't afford it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

debating using this for the west ham game. Will pop some thoughts in if so. 

Appreciate that i may come under the wrath of VT but i already work in a bank and staunchly support Ollie Watkins so im used to not being liked.

There was 2 blocks of empty seats in Doug and Trinity V Brighton, so you may be drinking alone. Although the later kick off may help

2 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

There was 2 blocks of empty seats in Doug and Trinity V Brighton, so you may be drinking alone. Although the later kick off may help

I saw. I'm an ST so would just be the top up. The photos looked quite busy though, hope the later kick off gets a few more in. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I note with interest the ongoing issues that the Fulham supporters trust have with the pricing in their own stand. I don’t think I’ve seen the villa supporters trust or whoever represents the fans come out against these developments. You would think the residents in leafy Fulham would be okay with the prices compared to the industrial brummies 🤣

That's great news. I hope the stand sends Fulham bankrupt the scummy mother ****. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It is all you can eat and drink! In that case I think it is good value… so an extra roughly £60… I reckon I could eat and drink my monies worth, before, during and after the game no bother. 

Only 42 left 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It is all you can eat and drink! In that case I think it is good value… so an extra roughly £60… I reckon I could eat and drink my monies worth, before, during and after the game no bother. 

Yep just saw this, they won’t be making a huge amount if “all you can drink” before and after the game is the norm 😂

Edited by rjw63
Keenanism
  • Haha 1

I think they boobed up along the way and realised that to make it a success they needed to make it an "all you can eat" offering....they wouldnt have got the numbers in for the price they were charging otherwise. They will probably realise once enough time has elapsed and the data is in that it would be more profitable to have volume sales at a cheaper price AKA leaving it as it was orginally. This way they have an exclusive space but i dont think it will generate much for them. I suppose it makes the club and brand thing they are going for like more premium and desireable to their target markets maybe

Luton was going to be my 9 year old daughters first game at Villa Park, we're both very excited given that Luton was my first game aged 10 in 1991.

Problem is, I can't get 2 tickets together meaning this at (gulp) £192 is my only option. I can sort of justify it given that it will be a special occasion of sorts but a hefty price!

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

32 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

Luton was going to be my 9 year old daughters first game at Villa Park, we're both very excited given that Luton was my first game aged 10 in 1991.

Problem is, I can't get 2 tickets together meaning this at (gulp) £192 is my only option. I can sort of justify it given that it will be a special occasion of sorts but a hefty price!

Bring a doggy bag to make use of the unlimited food 😂

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

Whats she like at drinking?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

They're probably breaking even at this point with what it would have served as a normal bar but they've made such a song and dance about it they need it to be heaving to not end up looking like tits.

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

They're probably breaking even at this point with what it would have served as a normal bar but they've made such a song and dance about it they need it to be heaving to not end up looking like tits.

I think it sort of can’t be heaving though as it’s all limited access and if you can’t get served people will be fuming for £60 extra… I don’t see it as a big money spinner for the club at all, they’ll make a bit more than normal, but it’ll be in the 10,000s rather than the 100,000s. 

Edited by alreadyexists

Â