Transfer Near Misses !!

Adbo9

I might be misremembering but think we were linked with Klinsmann and ended up with Fashanu, Klinsmann then went on to join Spurs.

Also, a strong link to Bergkamp from Inter Milan, ended up with Savo. I think we were linked with a young Pires , pre Arsenal as well.

Christian Vieri and Junhinho were strongly linked back in the 90’s, but again neither signed for us.

2 hours ago, Adbo9 said:

In all your time being Villa supporters, who were the linked players that we thought we were getting to the club, that you really wanted us to get - but didnt happen........... 

Mine was always Lee Sharpe under Big Ron, linked every other week - never happened 

Villan as well

Wiki says born in halesowen, went to school in Hagley, villa fan, signed a youth contract with torquay... How does that happen?!

On local yoof, never saw him linked to us and it's probably a good thing we didn't go for him but I always think berahino going to Aston manor school, a whole 1.4m from villa park, and signing for the baggies is a bad look for the club

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

He was good for a good 4/5 years after that.

when he wanted, he picked and chose games

Newcastle fans hated him for turning up when he wanted. If he played in that Lambert team his career would have nosedived further

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

I might be misremembering but think we were linked with Klinsmann and ended up with Fashanu, Klinsmann then went on to join Spurs.

Also, a strong link to Bergkamp from Inter Milan, ended up with Savo. I think we were linked with a young Pires , pre Arsenal as well.

Christian Vieri and Junhinho were strongly linked back in the 90’s, but again neither signed for us.

Freddie Lunberg (sp) as well

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Anyone else used to buy SHOOT magazine back in the day? Their April Fools edition saying David Platt was returning to Villa really had me as a kid.

I remember it like it was yesterday, 1994 April fools edition

• Thanks 1

The summer we signed Draper, Southgate and Milosevic we were also very close to Les Ferdinand but he did an 11th hour u turn and joined Newcastle instead - the season they rode Man Ure very close to the title and Keegan had his "I'd love it if we beat him, love it...."

• Like 3

Â