January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

57 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Hwang from the Dingles would be a great signing imo, I think he would offer a good deal of support and/or alternatives to Ollie.

Very technical and intelligent player and seems very humble and focussed. 

Just signed a new contract with them. No chance of that happening. 

7 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Uni was trying to sign Ugarte apparently, which suggests to me he is after a more robust midfielder to play alongside Kamara. Wouldn't surprise me if we go for Paulinha from Fulham

We wont be paying his 60 million buyout clause especially not in January

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RicRic said:

Stop mentioning last season ffs  look at the position we are in you think we got time to wait until he gets back to last seasons levels NO we need someone playing there who has momentum and full energy, never said hes a bad player hes a top player when operating at the levels he did last year… we cannot afford to drop out because we are waiting for him to hit full speed. 

we should go all in for Mbappe in January the only solution for us 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We wont be paying his 60 million buyout clause especially not in January

I think we would have made at least one big move if we'd beaten Sheffield Utd at home, Utd from 2-0 up and Burnley.

Into the new year top, with Kamara and Buendia on the way back.

What a shame.

3 hours ago, eholm said:

What’s with the aggression?? Years ago this forum used be great for reasoned discussion and debate - now, any difference in opinion or aspect often generates this type of response. 

FWIW, my opinion, is that he needs the games to get to his pre-injury level asap and so the alternative i.e. recruiting another player seems a bit premature as that player would also require time to adapt to our system, new country etc etc. especially when we have other areas of the squad that are more in need of reinforcements e.g. RB. 

I've been on here 25 years or so mate - it's always been aggy. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think we would have made at least one big move if we'd beaten Sheffield Utd at home, Utd from 2-0 up and Burnley.

Into the new year top, with Kamara and Buendia on the way back.

What a shame.

I am not sure, Monchi wasnt a big January transfer window guy at Sevilla and made just one signing at Roma

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm certain.

It would have been UCL funds.

We can't risk that now.

I dont think thats how he works and I think people will be disappointed with what type of player he prefers to sign. Even when Sevilla had some money he still preferred to snap bargains instead of bigger names unless they were near the end of the contract

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think thats how he works and I think people will be disappointed with what type of player he prefers to sign. Even when Sevilla had some money he still preferred to snap bargains instead of bigger names unless they were near the end of the contract

We'll see.

He went big at Roma and made a mess.

Don't care what methods he employs.

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We'll see.

He went big at Roma and made a mess.

Don't care what methods he employs.

His biggest signings at Roma were just over 20 million each though didnt work out it wasnt a lot, around same time we were spending 14 million on Scott Hogan

56 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You think VT won’t be aggy when we drop 10m on a some backup La Liga find? 😂

For me Villa need at least three quality players in January if they are serious about top four. A RB, midfielder, and forward to kick Watkins up the arse!

Most importantly they must be of the right character possessing a winning mentality!

41 minutes ago, striker said:

For me Villa need at least three quality players in January if they are serious about top four. A RB, midfielder, and forward to kick Watkins up the arse!

Most importantly they must be of the right character possessing a winning mentality!

Frimpong, Zubamendi and a loan for Werner then

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’d be very surprised if they came even close to that reasoning because of one result or two.  If Spurs lose tonight do we suddenly risk it again? Or if we beat Burnley is it on again?  

These guys are planning well in advance and while they adapt to opportunities they aren’t changing because of one result here or there.  

This race for top 4 is going to have more twists and turns so as long as we are in the hunt I’m not sure the plan changes whatever that might be whether it was to be active in the January market or not.  

I don’t see these guys as being reactive guys.  They have a goal and plan well for it, I think it’s more about who they can get and is available to fit the team than reacting to the last result or two.

They would have been reactive because being top, 8/9/10 points clear of 5th wasn't part of even the most ambitious plans going into the season.

We'll never know of course. Just something I think we would have taken action on.

We can do it without any serious investment in Jan because we have Unai Emery.

• Like 1

From a squad perspective we need a backup goalkeeper, right back, a centre back, a defensive midfielder, a midfielder, a winger and a striker we obviously arnt doing all of that in Jan and need outgoings first whether now or in the summer. Hopefully Buendia can get back to his best to be that attacking midfielder we’re missing. 

I’d love Gallagher who seems to be up for sale.He has the type of energy that mcginn has. 

Id be more than happy with Jonathan Rowe, Adam Wharton, Jacob Greaves from the championship. Expect people to sneer at these types of signings. 

Monchi can work his magic for the rest. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, striker said:

Watkins needs a huge kick up the arse. Only 14 goals and 6 assists so far

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm certain.

It would have been UCL funds.

We can't risk that now.

It doesn’t change the calculation at all. 

We can’t risk not making champions league as will then have to sell one of our main players anyway (as at least one of them will have their heads turned by an existing champions league team). May as well spend the 50/60m now if the right players are willing to join at a reasonable January premium and the salaries do not blow the existing structure out of the water. 

• Like 2