January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

We're still the second highest scorers in the league 

We need to trust the Don to find a tweak rather than always thinking we need more attacking players 

Another right footed attacker than can go 1v1 would be useful as we were predominantly favored the right side of our attack with Bailey and Diaby. 

But we were linked with a lot of those players in the summer and it didn’t come through. Wouldn’t expect it to happen in January. 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

We're still the second highest scorers in the league 

We need to trust the Don to find a tweak rather than always thinking we need more attacking players 

True but as our success develops we will face this type of set up more and more. I would love to see Buendia be that player; just not sure if he is. Him aside, I don’t see the profile of player needed in the squad at present. 
Hopefully Unai can improve individuals accordingly to give us that player but we can’t rule out the fact that a squad addition may be needed. 

Almost all of top 6 have a creative no 10 that will have higher chance of unlocking low blocks :

Ars/Odergaad   Liv/Salah, Elliot  City / KDB, Silva, Foden. Spurs /Maddison, Lo Celso, Toons / Guimaraes 

With Buendia still months away, and if we don't have FFP room to buy, any if our kids still step up? Louie Barry, Kellyman etc ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Almost all of top 6 have a creative no 10 that will have higher chance of unlocking low blocks :

Ars/Odergaad   Liv/Salah, Elliot  City / KDB, Silva, Foden. Spurs /Maddison, Lo Celso, Toons / Guimaraes 

With Buendia still months away, and if we don't have FFP room to buy, any if our kids still step up? Louie Barry, Kellyman etc ?

Diaby was supposed to be that player but has fallen short so far. It’s an area that needs addressing but one I don’t think we will be reaching for in January with inflated prices. 

Edited by DJBOB

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

It does if Lenglet and Chambers are outward bound.

you think a 30 million euro signing at centre back makes sense, thats crazy. You just wouldn't give chambers away, problem solved.

• Like 1

Emi, Pau, Kamara, probably Ramsey, probably Carlos, probably Digne/Moreno are all top 4 players. We need a young Coutinho who has a bit of magic/top ability in and around the penalty area. Eze/Olise/Neto or Mitoma are the kind of quality we will need if we want to get higher.

Shame the likes of Barella, Musiala, Xavi Simons and Wirtz might be a bit out of our price range and already at big clubs :D 

Baena and Kubo looks promising and maybe a little bit more realistic-ish. Nico Williams I really like but he's a different type of player.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

So?

In the words of Bob Paisley, " Good players are never available, you make them available"

Now is the 1st time in a long time that we might be able to get these type of players.

They will both become top top players. Get them now before they are out of our reach

Eze is 25 he is nearly at his peak to become a top top player

Eze’s a Landen boy so wouldn’t move North. We were rumoured to have been interested when he went to Palace and the reason he went there was to stay in London. 

Wirtz or Simons is the type of player we need but they’re unattainable as Wirtz especially is a 80m+ player.

I've always liked Cherki but doubts about his work rate and mentality. I would have said Guler before he went to Real  

Others with potential include Glouhk, Moleiro, Ketelare, Doue,