January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

Top class right back would be a crucial addition. 

Still think we could do with a striker. It would be a shame to be on this kind of run and be derailed because Watkins gets injured for a while and we don't have anyone who can step in

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Top class right back would be a crucial addition. 

Still think we could do with a striker. It would be a shame to be on this kind of run and be derailed because Watkins gets injured for a while and we don't have anyone who can step in

I agree we do need a striker but for what money?  We signed Duran for 20m odd, a backup striker isn’t going to be anymore.  So what do we gain signing another striker foe 20m when we already have one?

22 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'd move for Conor Gallagher. I think he'd be amazing under Emery and is versatile in playing a CDM Vs a regular 8 type. 

If any prem team helps Chelsea out of their financial crisis its absolutely criminal.

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

I agree we do need a striker but for what money?  We signed Duran for 20m odd, a backup striker isn’t going to be anymore.  So what do we gain signing another striker foe 20m when we already have one?

Why would it be limited to 20m odd?  If the player is available then who knows.

Just now, MSvillain said:

If any prem team helps Chelsea out of their financial crisis its absolutely criminal.

I don't think taking their only consistent, homegrown performer from them for a decent price is helping them out. Yes, they'll get a cash injection but their team will be poorer for it. 

FWIW, I've always liked Gallagher. I think he could play centrally for us or even in the McGinn/Ramsey role a little wider of the pivot. For the right price, it would be a really solid signing for us. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I don't think taking their only consistent, homegrown performer from them for a decent price is helping them out. Yes, they'll get a cash injection but their team will be poorer for it. 

FWIW, I've always liked Gallagher. I think he could play centrally for us or even in the McGinn/Ramsey role a little wider of the pivot. For the right price, it would be a really solid signing for us. 

Talks of £50m though, I think you could find the same profile elsewhere in Europe for much cheaper. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, MSvillain said:

Talks of £50m though, I think you could find the same profile elsewhere in Europe for much cheaper. 

I’m not sure I want or don’t want Gallagher, but getting a home grown, PL experience and quality to boot, I’d rather pay the premium than a risk of European player, and he could hit the ground running.

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I don’t think a 30m + signing will come to be sat on the bench though 

Probably think they could make themselves first choice.  Many players go to clubs that are seen as probable back up but perceive they can get first choice and back themselves.  We also don’t want “back up” we want genuine competition just like we did with Bailey/Diaby, Digne/Moreno, Pau/Ty/Konsa/Carlos, Luiz/Kamara/Tielemans/McGinn/Ramsey/Buendia