Clément Lenglet

Tom13

Came on here to say what everyone else is - error aside, I felt more comfortable with him on the right alongside Pau than I have with him on the left alongside anyone else. Which also speaks to how good Pau is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Came on here to say what everyone else is - error aside, I felt more comfortable with him on the right alongside Pau than I have with him on the left alongside anyone else. Which also speaks to how good Pau is.

What error?
That was Emi Martinez's Error

9 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

What error?
That was Emi Martinez's Error

Only if Emi called for it. If he didn’t then it’s absolutely Lenglet’s error. 

But I thought Lenglet was great today. He and Pau is such a classy partnership. They lack pace, but in possession we look great with them 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Only if Emi called for it. If he didn’t the. It’s absolutely Lenglet’s error. 

But I thought Lenglet was great today. He and Pau is such a classy partnership. They lack pace, but in possession we look great with them 

Emi 100% called for it. That's why he came out to collect it.

Yeah Lenglet looks way more comfortable on the ball than Carlos. Happy Cash stayed back. Maybe Konsa- Lenglet-Pau- Moreno is the answer in the remaining games

Edited by Pongo Waring

Waiting for MOTD so haven’t seen it yet, but some on the match thread were brave enough to call EMI out for the error others seem unable to believe this and blame Lenglet totally. Looking forward to seeing it.

1 minute ago, smg said:

Waiting for MOTD so haven’t seen it yet, but some on the match thread were brave enough to call EMI out for the error others seem unable to believe this and blame Lenglet totally. Looking forward to seeing it.

As above it’s completely dependent on whether Emi called for it. 

If Emi has called that it’s his ball then Lenglet is blameless. If your keeper shouts for it then you have to leave it. 

If there’s no shout then it’s on Lenglet. You can’t assume your keeper is getting there. 

So the split in opinion is understandable 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If Emi has called that it’s his ball then Lenglet is blameless. If your keeper shouts for it then you have to leave it. 

If there’s no shout then it’s on Lenglet. You can’t assume your keeper is getting there. 

The keeper can’t just run out like that and the defender NOT expect him to deal with it. It’s all on Emi, for me. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The keeper can’t just run out like that and the defender NOT expect him to deal with it. It’s all on Emi, for me. 

Yes he can. If he doesn’t call for it then the defender deals with it. It’s basically the first lesson of goalkeeper/defending communication. 

Never assume your keeper is getting it. He always has to call for it. If he doesn’t then get rid of it

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Still waiting to see it. How can we tell if he called or not ? Looking forward to making a decision if motd ever show the game.

6 hours ago, supermon said:

Sign Clement, let Diego leave? Guess Clement will have some suitors though in the summer.

Doubtful he (Lenglet) is one of the highest earners at the club.

6 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Lenglet has been better than Carlos this season. A great bit of business this signing.

Remember Carlos was getting rave reviews earlier in the season playing alongside Pau.

The interception of that cross he made was exceptional. Prevented a guaranteed goal.

The error for the goal may or may not have been him, but one of those things that's much easier to judge in hindsight. Could have done more to prevent the striker getting the ball,  whether Emi called for it or not, so holds a share if the blame regardless of whether Emi called for it. But the rest of the match he was very good and gives me a bit more confidence for the time we face without Konsa. 

6 hours ago, supermon said:

Sign Clement, let Diego leave? Guess Clement will have some suitors though in the summer.

We wont be signing him unless he takes a massive pay cut like dropping 250k a week from his wages

Â