Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not sure many have written him off, we're just saying he's underwhelmed to date. 

I'm sure we'll see a post shortly about him being used as a scapegoat without the poster understanding what the term scapegoat means. 

Seen posts here and on Twitter (especially the latter tbf) explicitly saying that he's not good enough, and some are already mooting replacements. If that's not writing him off, I'm not sure what is.

To argue how he's performed in matches to date is reasonable, just think that it's way, way too soon to reach solid conclusions like "not good enough" when we've barely seen the bloke play.

Edited by wishywashy

7 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Another Traore imo

Nowhere near good enough for a team pushing for top 4 but he will have to do for now till we can get an improvement.

They tend to look down not up. Not aware of their surroundings which results in making the wrong decisions during key moments.

Traore looks down and not up? No idea what you're seeing there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Unbelievable some of the comments. Here less than 2 months, probably not even got a home and already been written off because he hasn't settled straight away and turned out to be Totti 2.0.

Fast food fans

Sorry, who's written him off in here? Quote them please.

I do think people got excited by him being a former wonderkid and an Italian international but I always saw him as cover for Ramsey/Diaby and maybe even Buendia

Has done better than expected so far and probably played more than expected

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DJBOB said:

I think we won’t see him at his best until he’s playing on the right. 

Yeah a run of games rhs or as the 10 would suit him more. Once he knows his role well he'll improve, he's already shown some nice stuff though so no crisis or rush.

• Like 2

On 09/10/2023 at 14:49, Zatman said:

I do think people got excited by him being a former wonderkid and an Italian international but I always saw him as cover for Ramsey/Diaby and maybe even Buendia

Has done better than expected so far and probably played more than expected

He has yet to play for more than a handful of minutes in either of the positions that he's played in for the majority of his career and we play in a very different way to Roma - so he's playing in a different league, in a different country, in a different system and in a different position. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, allani said:

He has yet to play for more than a handful of minutes in either of the positions that he's played in for the majority of his career and we play in a very different way to Roma - so he's playing in a different league, in a different country, in a different system and in a different position. 

he's also only 24...

• Like 1

His talent is obvious, has many attributes and considerable stature. I’m convinced he just needs that goal (which he has been desperate for since his debut) and he will be flying… will become a real star for us if he can stay fit and settle into the side (gelling with his teammates)…

Early days and he will bring that “stardust” soon… looking forward to it…

Â