Christmas 2023

sidcow

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Staff: ‘we’ve all just received amazon voucher emails should we click on them? Are they real?’

Me: don’t be so bloody stupid, I just deleted mine without even reading it, do you really think he’s just sent everyone an amazon voucher. Pillocks. Delete them and I’ll get I.T. to see if Phil’s account is compromised. 

10 minutes later

Boss: ‘did everyone get their amazon vouchers I sent?’

Probably still in the trash can anyway, I wonder how many people purge their trash regularly

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Probably still in the trash can anyway, I wonder how many people purge their trash regularly

Yep, still in deleted, and now forwarded to my missus because (drum roll) I don’t have an amazon account and have never bought anything on amazon.

It’s making me wonder now about that email I got from Nigeria. 

• Haha 1

I don’t know if it’s laudable. 

It’s a bit chicken and egg I guess, I don’t have paypal either.

I bought mail order records during lockdown, but that involved phoning the shop and reading out my card number. Except DubVendor, at DubVendor I stood outside their storage facility with an ipad, looked up their stock, phoned their office, and they came outside with the records and a sumup. Similar with this fanzine I’m waiting on in the new year, sent the guy a message on twitter, then spoke on the phone, he’s going to post it January 3rd.

It doesn’t feel weird, buying stuff in shops. But I do accept I’m probably not typical anymore. I’m not super cautious with money, but it does help the bank balance and the environment, not just ordering plastic disposable shite when I’m bored at midnight on a Tuesday.