Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

50 M for Diaby is ridiculous money.

I'm sure he is a decent player but the game is gone.

Not when you consider Newcastle paid a similar fee for Anthony Gordon

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

You’ll love him if he wins us a trophy right?

Post has nothing to do with Diaby as a player but the market.

You can enjoy a signing and at the same time criticize the ridiculous money in football and especially Premier League. I don't like where it's going and where it leaves the other leagues.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

50 M for Diaby is ridiculous money.

I'm sure he is a decent player but the game is gone.

It’s been gone since Newcastle paid £15m for Alan Shearer. 

6 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Played       Goals      Assists 

Diaby     125          31          38

Bailey    119          28          21

fear not, i give it a month before he's been trashed weekly for not being good enough

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Some focus too much on goals and assists there's much more to judging a player than that, even attacking players, if went by that in the Championship would have thought that Adomah was a better player than Grealish.

True but can understand the focus on it given the underwhelming numbers the likes of Bailey and Buendia have posted the last couple of seasons

5 minutes ago, villan95 said:

True but can understand the focus on it given the underwhelming numbers the likes of Bailey and Buendia have posted the last couple of seasons

it's been said many times before, but Grealish's numbers were pretty underwhelming if you judged him purely on goals and assists.

As frustrating and inconsistent as Buendia is, he put in a fair number of through balls that the players on the end of them didn't convert - but no one would praise him for that would they?

cue Delphino's 'Buendia keyword search mention alarm' hate incoming

I think there is no harder a position to impress in, than wide forwards, there are so few in the world that are consistent and get the stats people expect of them. Also 'rapid' seems to lead to a lot of injuries.

Diaby looks the real deal, but any player from outside of this league will find the physicality and speed in which they get closed down/fouled difficult to deal with.

kDW19vs.pngvMXBfGZ.png

Looking past just goals and assists they're both extremely similar, hence the concerns. 

Diaby however is coming into a much better situation and will have much better coaching of course so you'd hope he doesn't shit the bed like Bailey did. Obviously as well it would be ideal that Diaby doesn't pick up any early injuries and ruin any momentum. 

On 20/07/2023 at 08:57, nick76 said:

I think that’s harsh!  A 24 year old being offered double the money we are offering apparently plus not having to pay tax on that money there but would in the UK.  I don’t think it’s a no brainer personally.  Additionally for us if he does choose us then we know he’s here for the football and to succeed so it’s a test that favours us in understanding him. 

No. For an ambitious 24y-o looking to an international career, the Saudi League is completely the wrong choice - no debate

Â