Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@GlobalVillan appaears you may have been onto something.

Just seen something saying that, the sticking point is about the structure of the fee.

Leverkusen want it all up front apparently.

It also says the owners will get involved and be pivotal in getting this over the line, as he is our number one target etc.

Number one target? As in, of the whole window? Interesting, find that a little surprising… maybe he’s better than many of us assume..

Where did you read that JV?

I would’ve thought our priority was a top class attacker or support striker, possibly of a “higher profile” too rather than a winger or wide player… someone to (help us) score more goals… 

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Number one target? As in, of the whole window? Interesting, find that a little surprising… maybe he’s better than many of us assume..

I would’ve thought our priority was a top class attacker or support striker, possibly of a “higher profile” too rather than a winger or wide player… someone to (help us) score more goals… 

I reckon it means " number one target " for that particular spot mate, not in general.

One of the Villa fans on Facebook who basically reshares stories ( Sort of like a Villareport ) posted it.

Will try to find it and source again now.

Why wouldn't he be our number one target, if we sign him he will be biggest coup since promotion, level of player it wouldn't be a surprise if Man City went for as Mahrez repacement.  The only people not rating him, are the ones lazily comparing him to Bailey just because they play the same position and played for the same team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I reckon it means " number one target " for that particular spot mate, not in general.

One of the Villa fans on Facebook who basically reshares stories ( Sort of like a Villareport ) posted it.

Will try to find it and source again now.

Oh right, got ya…makes sense.

So we could still sign someone like Chiesa then? 😃🤣

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Why wouldn't he be our number one target, if we sign him he will be biggest coup since promotion, level of player it wouldn't be a surprise if Man City went for as Mahrez repacement.  The only people not rating him, are the ones lazily comparing him to Bailey just because they play the same position and played for the same team.

Hmmm.. not exactly what I said really but I suppose you’re making more of a general comment and I’ve seen the comparisons to Bailey too…

I think he’s going to be a great signing, especially because Unai rates and wants him… has performed consistently well for Leverkusen and has an impressive amount of goals and assists (I think he’ll set up more goals than he scores though)…

I just expect us to make another addition in attack who may be seen as more of a “coup” or more valuable perhaps… we’ve been told that it’s going to be a more bold, ambitious and less restricted window for us too…

Won’t be disappointed if we don’t, just a thought… we could find a super deal or bargain for that position instead…

I thought I’d have a quick look at Al-Nassar signings seeing as they apparently snapping up all the best talent and their record signing cost 18m Euros!  Of course the wages they are offering is staggering but in terms of actual fees paid for players they haven’t paid that much. 

Also seems like PIF have 75% in 4 clubs competing in the same league. Seems bizarre. Who do they back the most or do they back all of them equally ?

Anyway on topic i feel it’s unlikely they are about to smash their transfer record on Moussa Diaby.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

The longer this goes on the more chance we have of being gazumped. I wouldn’t be surprised if Man City replace Mahrez with him.

Monchi needs to earn his corn here as this is his first signing attempt as Torres was pretty much done.

Just now, Galway Lion said:

The longer this goes on the more chance we have of being gazumped. I wouldn’t be surprised if Man City replace Mahrez with him.

Monchi needs to earn his corn here as this is his first signing attempt as Torres was pretty much done.

Is he really that good?

26 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought I’d have a quick look at Al-Nassar signings seeing as they apparently snapping up all the best talent and their record signing cost 18m Euros!  Of course the wages they are offering is staggering but in terms of actual fees paid for players they haven’t paid that much. 

Also seems like PIF have 75% in 4 clubs competing in the same league. Seems bizarre. Who do they back the most or do they back all of them equally ?

Anyway on topic i feel it’s unlikely they are about to smash their transfer record on Moussa Diaby.  

Wouldn’t even be surprised if they aren’t even in for him, and are just being used to increase the fee paid for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

If we sign him, I'd be very surprised if spend more on someone else. 

I think people will end up surprised the faith Emery will place in our existing players.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Wouldn’t even be surprised if they aren’t even in for him, and are just being used to increase the fee paid for him.

I feel certain this is the case and unfortunately we’ll see a lot more of it.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

If we sign him, I'd be very surprised if spend more on someone else. 

I think people will end up surprised the faith Emery will place in our existing players.

That could very well happen, none of us can call it. All we can do is speculate and try to enjoy coming up with ideas and theories, sometimes based on “sound bites” and small pieces of potential insight…

If only we could sit and chat with Unai 🤣

Tbh, we’re already in a much better and healthier position than we were and are a better team/squad then we were when Unai performed miracles…

Whatever happens, I don’t think I’ve ever looked as forward to or felt as positive toward a new season as now…

Another thing that excites me is… how much more can Unai get out of these players?

I’m happy he’s getting the support and backing though, to build this team/squad in his own image and choosing… the signing of Pau is probably the best indication of that…

It’s gonna be fun…

Â